Britannia Library

emam

How does the library on Britannia compare to the one on Ventura. I found on Ventura it was quite small and that the books aren't to my taste (I accept that, they can't cater for everyone). I'm planning on taking some books with me to read, but noticed that the library looked a lot bigger on Britannia. Is the choice of books any different on Britannia to Ventura. Also are they all the big heavy hardbacks the same as Ventura has. 

On Ventura they had a desk for people to share their own books that they had read. What happens to these books at the end of a cruise. Do they stay there for the next passengers or do P&O dispose of them. I haven't seen any such books at the beginning of a cruise. Our last two cruises (Celebrity and P&O), we had a lady cabin stewardess and I gave the books to them. One of them told me they have a shelf which they put the books for all of the crew to access. I can't remember if this was Celebrity or P&O.

I have an Amazon fire, but it is no good for reading in sun light.

The Britannia library is bigger than those on Ventura and Azura, and definitely nicer to sit in as it's a separate room. I had a single balcony cabin on deck 16 so it was practically next door to me and I often went there for a quiet sit and read. Book selection is a bit better but still lots of heavy hardbacks. I took out a biography of Philip Larkin which kept me busy for days!

• 2 weeks later...

When I was last on Britannia (Nov 18) there was a table where passengers could swap their books. I take books with me and leave any that I've finished with there.

Edited by purplesea