Dining Reservations - Dawn - Upon Boarding

mikes

Booked a last minute cruise for this Saturday.  No good times left trying to book on the Internet for Cagney's / etc.  I know a while back when I was on the Gem they had the ability to go the the Sushi bar area to make reservations.....is this also the location used on the Dawn?

2 hours ago, mikes said:

Booked a last minute cruise for this Saturday.  No good times left trying to book on the Internet for Cagney's / etc.  I know a while back when I was on the Gem they had the ability to go the the Sushi bar area to make reservations.....is this also the location used on the Dawn?

Yes it was on the cruise October 2018.

This is where you will find that only about 1/3 to 1/2 of the dining inventory is

available booking over the internet pre-cruise

That noted don't waste time upon boarding - those dining times go real fast and

while there may not be many guests making reservations - Guests in suites will

be having their Butler Concierge working behind the scenes booking reservations.

Had 5 agents with laptop computers mated to the ships dining reservation inventory.

Best you have an idea of your plans made to what and when you want to do each night.

If you have previously booked and need adjustments for times number of party NCL

will have that and it is real easy to make those changes.

You will be provided a small paper receipt with the time & date of reservation.

According to my Day 1 Freestyle Daily from my March cruise on the Dawn, to make reservations:

• Walk up to any Restaurant Hostess Podium
  • Stop by the Reservations Desk (Deck 7, Mid, Bamboo*)
  • Call Restaurant Reservations by dialing #050
  • Use iTV from your stateroom

*Bamboo is located starboard on Deck 7 around the corner from the mid-ship elevators between Teppanyaki and the Sushi Bar.

This weekend's Dawn sailing is nowhere near sold out and won't be sailing close to lifeboat capacity, just relax - NCL holds back plenty of prime time slots until embarkation, as noted, some will be set aside for suites & Haven (let the concierge do the work ... ) 

Other options - use the free "Cruise Norwegian" App (iOS or Android) to book once connected to ship's free WiFi inTRAnet, use the stateroom's free interactive TV system w. the handheld remote (it's "sluggish") or find the restaurant reservation desk (very often, it's right next to Guest Services in the lobby) or an alternate designated kiosk location (Bamboo, as noted) - or, pickup a house phone & call to reserve.

Odds are that, unless you are trying to book a large party to dine in Cagney, you shouldn't have too much difficulty in finding a better time/day ... from experience, Day 1 and Day 2 tend to go quicker but not impossible - the rest of the days should be relatively good & still open.  I only booked LeBistro last week for 8 of us.  Good luck !

On 5/7/2019 at 10:40 AM, mikes said:

That is exactly how it works on the Dawn. We, often grab a quick lunch in O'sheehan's and then head to the Asian restaurant and book the times we want for our specialty dining. Normally, if we can not get the exact time, we can get within 30 minutes of the time. We probably do this more than we book on line, but we do it both ways.