Realistic flight to Nice; embarking Monaco?

perlgirlnj

We are on a cruise that embarks at Monaco.  The ship leaves at 5 PM.  Let's assume we'd want to be at the port at 3 PM just to be safe.  We are considering a flight which gets into Nice at 10:25 AM that day.  We would take a taxi or other private, direct transportation.  Is this safe & realistic?  Thanks for advice.

PS:  The flight has a plane change at JFK with a 3 hour layover there.  This is the beginning of September.

Sorry, but I wouldn't even consider it ....I would NEVER fly in the day of a cruise.

I've had several hiccups with int'l flights .... from 8 hr delays, to missing luggage.  I wouldn't want to start off my vacation in stress mode. 

I have several answers :).  Assuming your flight is on time (or even an hour late) you would be fine.  That being said, we would never recommend that anyone fly-in the day of a cruise when it involves International travel...not to mention going through JFK.  Furthermore, you are departing from a port that is located in a fabulous part of France.  Since you must pay for the air to get you to the Port, you should find a way to add extra days (not to mention the money) so that you can have some pre-cruise fun in the Nice/Monte Carlo region.  DW and I have spent a lot of time in the South of France and would be very happy to spend a week (or more) in this part of France.   So go back to the drawing board, find a way, do yourself a huge favor, and fly-in several days early an use Nice as a base to explore this part of France.

Another option for the more adventurous..with the budget and time is to:  Fly into Paris, spend a few days in Paris, and than take the fast TGV train to Nice for 1 or 2 days before heading to the port.

Hank

On 5/8/2019 at 3:21 AM, perlgirlnj said:

We are on a cruise that embarks at Monaco.  The ship leaves at 5 PM.  Let's assume we'd want to be at the port at 3 PM just to be safe. 

So you will arrive earlier than the day of departure, but please, check with your cruise company, because if you still plan to embark at 3 pm you could be too late.   And I fully agree with Hlitner to enjoy this part of France for a few days more.