Help with train from Heathrow to Dover

You would have to get the Heathrow Express to Paddington station. Then cross to St. Pancras (possibly by tube, but much easier [though a bit more expensive] in a black cab). Then train from St. P to Dover Priory, finally cab to Dover harbour (assuming you are going straight to the ship).

https://www.heathrowexpress.com

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/planjourney/search

Simon

Off the top of my head, I think it would be Heathrow Express or TfL Rail to London Paddington; Circle Line to Victoria; Southeastern to Dover Priory.

An alternative, using the high speed train (at a higher fare), would be Heathrow Express or TfL Rail to London Paddington; Circle or Hammersmith and City Line to St Pancras; Southeastern to Dover Priory.

For once, I’d probably think Piccadilly line to Kings X/St Pancras and high speed train from there. 

I did that seductive looking Paddington to Kings Cross tube trip this morning and as always it took longer than seems likely looking at the map 😀

54 minutes ago, Cotswold Eagle said:

For once, I’d probably think Piccadilly line to Kings X/St Pancras and high speed train from there. 

I did that seductive looking Paddington to Kings Cross tube trip this morning and as always it took longer than seems likely looking at the map 😀

Does the Piccadilly line start at Heathrow? And then connect to a high speed train at Kings X that goes to Dover?

still a little confused 

1 hour ago, teacherplus said:

Does the Piccadilly line start at Heathrow? And then connect to a high speed train at Kings X that goes to Dover?

still a little confused 

Yes.  Heathrow is one of the end points of the Piccadilly line.  So you can board there and take it all the way to the Kings Cross/St. Pancras station.  Then change to a train to Dover.  You'll pass through a lot of stations on the way.  But if you don't mind spending the time, it's not that bad.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

On 5/9/2019 at 3:10 AM, PhilbeachTraveller said:

We do Heathrow to Dover a lot (going to Folkestone West -2 stops prior to Dover). Two hours door to door. Piccadilly Line to Kings Cross/St Pancras then high speed train from St Pancras. Very easy to do. 

Thank you all for the advice.  One more question do you have to buy high speed train tickets ahead of time?

No, you can buy the tickets on the day. They sometimes have 'deals' from London but you have to take specific trains and they are usually day returns. Just purchase from the station, or you can book online (on Southeasternrailway.co.uk) and pick up from the ticket machine at the station.