Getting there on time( or not)

clarets

Had our embarkation time sent which is 2pm the problem is our coach down ( intercruises p&0 ) has sent details of pick up and arrival times and we do not get there until 2.30pm 

will this cause problems ?. Also WhatsApp or txt for contact when on ship, thanks.

9 minutes ago, clarets said:

Had our embarkation time sent which is 2pm the problem is our coach down ( intercruises p&0 ) has sent details of pick up and arrival times and we do not get there until 2.30pm 

will this cause problems ?. Also WhatsApp or txt for contact when on ship, thanks.

If you are booked on a P and O coach transfer I believe the coach arrival time take precedence over your individual time. My understanding is that the coach may arrive earlier or later than expected (depending on the traffic) and that coach passengers are checked in as they arrive.

Best wishes, Stephen. 

18 minutes ago, stephen@stoneyard.co.uk said:

If you are booked on a P and O coach transfer I believe the coach arrival time take precedence over your individual time. My understanding is that the coach may arrive earlier or later than expected (depending on the traffic) and that coach passengers are checked in as they arrive.

Best wishes, Stephen. 

Stephen is right we came by coach on Saturday and your coach arrival time is your boarding time. Forget the one your given.

With regard to Whatsapp or Text whilst on the ship, either can easily work out expensive.  It will depend on your itinerary and whether you are close enough to pick up a phone signal from land - and whether that is in Europe or not of course.  When at sea, the phone signal often comes via satellite and a Marine Communications network.  Internet connections when at sea are not consistent and again, not cheap.

Depends whether you have a requirement to keep in contact with work or a desire to be in regular contact with friends/family.  I have neither so normally wait until I am ashore and find a cafe/bar with free wifi!

If in Europe wait until you are at a port and your plan should include everything it does at home.

When at sea you wont get anything (which I personally loved) unless your purchase the expensive internet on ship.

If in port you can wats app or text, wats app will use your data allowance and a text will just use your message allowance. With wats app the other person must be on wats app as well to state the obvious