St Petersburg excursion prices

Paddcomp

As we don't sail until Aug 2020 I can't see the P&O excursions yet, but I can see the independent ones.

Does anyone know the cost of the 2 day excursions or have a link to where I can find them please?

We have children 16 and 11 so whilst we want to see the sights we're looking at the 2 day highlights tours. Private tours are just a bit too pricey, so this seems the best compromise.  How have others with children found the tours?

Hi

The cost for us was about £225 each with SPB in 2018 for 2 full days lunch and we saw everything except the inside of the Faberge museum. P&O cost more. There were no children on ours so I can't comment but it should be fine especially  if they like history or art. I would do it all again tomorrow if I could.

We found our tour with SPB met our needs much better than the ships tours. My children were 15 and 17 and, with only 12 on the tour, our guide was able to point out items of interest to my 2 and another 2 children who were about 9 and 11. People who took the ships tour were in groups of 40 or so and felt herded around. I booked a highlights tour which took us to the Peterhoff (including a hydrofoil ride), Catherine Palace, Peter Paul fortress, the Church of the spilled blood, an early entrance to the Hermitage, a subway ride and about an hour on Levsky (?) Prospect for lunch  and a wander on our own. Our minibus driver was amazing and we were encouraged to leave passports and any valuables with him on the mimibus to avoid pickpockets. We also made a couple of extra photo stops when we requested. 

It actually worked out cheaper than the ships tour

Going here on our cruise a week sunday and looking at the cruise personaliser there are 4 pages of excursions something for everyone but looking at your question the nearest I can find to suit would be simply st Petersburg, a two day trip costing £237 or splendour of st petersberg again over 2 days costing £264 (adult ).Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clarets said:

Going here on our cruise a week sunday and looking at the cruise personaliser there are 4 pages of excursions something for everyone but looking at your question the nearest I can find to suit would be simply st Petersburg, a two day trip costing £237 or splendour of st petersberg again over 2 days costing £264 (adult ).Hope this helps.

Clarets, spot on what I wanted.

Thanks for all responses, all very useful.

We used Insider Tours on our trip to St Petersburg it was a private tour for 4 of us and it was excellent and not much more than other companies for a group trip.Would highly recommend.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 7:48 AM, Paddcomp said:

As we don't sail until Aug 2020 I can't see the P&O excursions yet, but I can see the independent ones.

Does anyone know the cost of the 2 day excursions or have a link to where I can find them please?

We have children 16 and 11 so whilst we want to see the sights we're looking at the 2 day highlights tours. Private tours are just a bit too pricey, so this seems the best compromise.  How have others with children found the tours?

Good afternoon Paddcomp.

Have a peep at my St Petersburg review...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/05/14/one-way-to-do-st-petersburg/

While mine was a 'private' tour that company do small groups as well with generally the same advantages of fast track entry to the more popular palaces.

1089329404_CatherinePalacecopyright.jpg.1feb38fbeeeec6638a4eac711d0bc505.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

Good afternoon Paddcomp.

Have a peep at my St Petersburg review...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/05/14/one-way-to-do-st-petersburg/

While mine was a 'private' tour that company do small groups as well with generally the same advantages of fast track entry to the more popular palaces.

1089329404_CatherinePalacecopyright.jpg.1feb38fbeeeec6638a4eac711d0bc505.jpg

Great blog, and some worthwhile tips. I hadn't thought of sharing a private tour, something to consider. 

• Like 1

We did a 2 day tour with Alla tours back in 2014 and it was excellent. Have just back off a Princess cruise to the Baltic and quite a few on the ship used Alla this time as well.  We just did a half day tour with Princess as had OBC to use and stayed onboard the second day this time but can fully recommend Alla Tours. 

• Like 1

We are in St Petersburg in July and have booked a small group tour with P&O, 2 full days with lunch -simply St Petersburg, £237 per adult and £155 per child. We decided that we preferred the security of a ship organised tour and this one does every we wanted With the advantage of being a group size, max 16.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have just booked our St Petersburg excursions for July this year. We went with the P&O return to St Petersburg package, which is basically 3 of the smaller tours rolled together into 1 package at a reduced price and gives a bit more freedom in the city, we prefer this to fully organised tours. Our kids are 13 & 10, so it was 3 adult tickets and 1 child, think it was £135 for adults and £86 for child, seemed like decent value to us. So excited...

• Like 1