Carambola Bay or Cockleshell?

I found two five hour beach excursions through Shoreexcursioneer that go to either Carambola Bay or Cockleshell.  Both pick you up at the port and stop at Timothy Hill on the way.  Once is $20 pp (doesn't include $10 chair), the other $30 (includes chair).  Either way, I can't imagine we can go to either beach using a taxi and renting a chair for cheaper than this prices.  What preferences do you have between these two beaches, and am I wrong a taxi would be cheaper?

On 5/16/2019 at 11:50 AM, luv2cruise2thebeach said:

I found two five hour beach excursions through Shoreexcursioneer that go to either Carambola Bay or Cockleshell.  Both pick you up at the port and stop at Timothy Hill on the way.  Once is $20 pp (doesn't include $10 chair), the other $30 (includes chair).  Either way, I can't imagine we can go to either beach using a taxi and renting a chair for cheaper than this prices.  What preferences do you have between these two beaches, and am I wrong a taxi would be cheaper?

I've been to Carambola Beach Club, I wouldn't go back to So. Frigate Bay altogether if I had the whole beach to myself. Cockleshell, the Marriott, and Palm Court Gardens are much better options.

Carambola is a loser convention it was when we were there in 2008, we picked our sh!t up went to the Marriott and the rest is history. Cockleshell is beautiful you'll enjoy it. If you like tons of people, enjoy being haggled to death, and like people stepping all over you Carambola is for you. 

Here's something to keep in mind, if you end up at Carambola and it's not what you had in mind. You can hop in a taxi and get to the Marriott in about 3 minute's(about 2 miles away) or Cockleshell in less than 5 minutes.. I found it rather astonishing how you can be less than 2 miles apart, be on opposite sides of the island and have two entirely different everything. 

Dec. 2008-7 of us sardine canned on So. Frigate Bay(Carambola) it was unpleasant to say the least, my buddy came over and said, "come on were going to the Marriott" I said WHAT MARRIOTT??!! 2 minutes later we pulled up to this freakshow, walked through the entrance, the St. Kitts Marriott does NOT have front doors you walk open air right through it. We we're all standing around looking at each other, this is it. Got on the elevator went downstairs and walked out to the pool and the beach. The rest is truly history. 

On 5/16/2019 at 4:50 PM, luv2cruise2thebeach said:

Carambola is not what it was went through a T'erds phase, now welcome to mayhem.  Cockershell is full of T'erds.

Genteel Cruisers now head to Sunshine's on Nevis.

Your day, your choice.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:19 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

Carambola is not what it was went through a T'erds phase, now welcome to mayhem.  Cockershell is full of T'erds.

Your day, your choice.

and what is your best suggested way to get to Sunshine's when docking in St Kitts?

30 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

and what is your best suggested way to get to Sunshine's when docking in St Kitts?

Passenger ferry from Basseterre, St Kitts to Charlestown, Nevis, then taxi to Sunshines -least cost

Taxi to Cockelshell then water taxi from there to Oualie Beach on Nevis, taxi to Sunshines- most expensive

Edited by paul58

18 minutes ago, paul58 said:

Passenger ferry from Basseterre, St Kitts to Charlestown, Nevis, then taxi to Sunshines -least cost

Taxi to Cockelshell then water taxi from there to Oualie Beach on Nevis, taxi to Sunshines- most expensive

Rough cost of each? We will have 5 adults and two kids.

You can walk from the cruise ship pier area to the ferry terminal in St Kitts, ferry cost is approx $11 US p/p each way, 45 min trip each way. Remember to pay the port security fee. Taxi from ferry dock in Nevis to Sunshine's about $8 p/p each way. Depending on when your ships docks will determine which ferry to take, probably 9:30 AM to Nevis and the 1 PM ferry back.  Buy a 1 way ticket because the return maybe on a different ferry. They are independently operated.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, paul58 said:

You can walk from the cruise ship pier area to the ferry terminal in St Kitts, ferry cost is approx $11 US p/p each way, 45 min trip each way. Remember to pay the port security fee. Taxi from ferry dock in Nevis to Sunshine's about $8 p/p each way. Depending on when your ships docks will determine which ferry to take, probably 9:30 AM to Nevis and the 1 PM ferry back.  Buy a 1 way ticket because the return maybe on a different ferry. They are independently operated.

Only a couple of items to add to the good information

Ferry Fare for children under 12 years is about $6.00 e/w

Security fee is $1.00 pp -  only payable on the Fare to Nevis

Lastly, no T'erds at Sunshine's 

But, beware of the Killer Bees - You have been warned.😉

• Like 1

Sorry, but think an explanation regarding to killer bees may be required.

This is not an insect warning, it's a Cocktail specific to Sunshine's.

It has the taste of a very refreshing innocent fruit punch, so you have another, then another etc.  

Then you open your eyes, and say to yourself, "What am I doing in the back of a Police Van?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:40 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Sorry, but think an explanation regarding to killer bees may be required.

This is not an insect warning, it's a Cocktail specific to Sunshine's.

It has the taste of a very refreshing innocent fruit punch, so you have another, then another etc.  

Then you open your eyes, and say to yourself, "What am I doing in the back of a Police Van?"

Any idea on the cost of the Killer Bee?

On 5/22/2019 at 1:19 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

Your day, your choice.

"Carambola is not what it was" Port Royal that place sucks. "went through a Turd's phase" phase that's all that I ever encountered on Carambola were Turd's. LOT'S of them, thanks but no thanks. "now welcome to mayhem" gimme a break that place is a nightmare. 

I'm going to have head over to Nevis, have myself well 3-4 would be my limit of those Killer Bee drink's you've been talking about, they sound wonderful. 

Genteel Cruisers........God I love that. 

That's me.