Freedom of the Seas help

On 5/18/2019 at 11:18 AM, leetompkins said:

We are traveling from San Antonio, TX to Puerto Rico for this cruise.  Is it advisable to fly in a day early to ensure we are there for boarding the ship on time and does anyone have some recommendations for hotels to stay in if we do fly in a day early?

We just got off Freedom last week, and we traveled from Houston.  We could have flown in the same day, since we had the advantage of the direct flight on United... but chose to come in a day early.  I'm happy we did - the thunderstorms hit in Houston that afternoon, and screwed up flights through Sunday!  So, we got there, checked in  to the hotel, and had a good dinner.  The next morning, we checked in to the ship early - and after lunch, left and grabbed a cab to Old Town to sight see on our own.

If you do fly in the same day - and a lot of people did it - muster drill is at 5:45pm, and they have a make-up session if you miss it.  The scheduled departure is 8pm.

--bruce T.

On 5/16/2019 at 3:09 PM, soontobemerritt said:

Hi all!

I'm in the midst of planning my honeymoon and I originally was looking at Carnival but I found a ship/port on RC I really like. Can anyone give me feedback on the below ship and the ports it stops at?

Freedom of the Seas (7 day Cruise- November 2020)

Leaves San Juan

St. Thomas

St. Kitts

Antigua

St. Lucia (Which is my dream to visit)

Barbados

Thanks in advance!

We are doing this trip next month for our honeymoon too! Happy planning! ❤️

Not sure if this is the right forum for my question but here goes; My wife and I are booked on the Freedom of the Seas for next May 2020 and we are flying in from the states a day early staying at the El San Juan Hotel.  Does anyone know if there are any wine stores near that hotel to purchase some wine to take on board for our cruise?  Thank you.

We have stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan for our last two cruises and enjoy the location and friendly staff.

There is so much to see within walking distance from the hotel, great shops and restaurants.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2019 at 8:27 AM, sellwingri said:

I’m still looking for a hotel for our cruise in December and unfortunately, this hotel isn’t available.  Must be sold out already.

Try Airbnb.  We got a great deal for our sailing December 1, 2019 before and after the cruise.