What is Prepaid Service Charges ?

abhisheks77

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

To clarify, because I think you missed my point.

You stated that by prepaying the service charge you are protected if there is an increase.

My point is that you don't have to prepay the service charge when booking in order to be protected from the increase. You can wait until one is announced and then prepay it afterwards at the old rate. Historically, agreeing to prepay the service charge has not given you any added advantage over the people who hadn't done so by the time of the announcement.

I did not miss your point. I never said you had to prepay at booking. I said you had to prepay, which could mean up to and during final payment. Maybe I wasn’t clear on that, sorry. 

15 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

I did not miss your point. I never said you had to prepay at booking. I said you had to prepay, which could mean up to and during final payment. Maybe I wasn’t clear on that, sorry. 

Yes, my post was really to clarify, as I think that, inadvertently, your original post suggested that this was a reason why someone should choose to prepay the DSC - in case it increased at a later date.

I think that between us, it is quite clear now. This is no reason to prepay the DSC in case the rate increases, but if NCL do announce an increase then there is clearly a financial benefit in prepaying at some point before the cruise to get that old rate.

It is a point that does cause a lot of confusion every time NCL raise the DSC, with people assuming they need to pay straight away, or that it only applies to people who have already prepaid. That's why I often reply to these posts to clarify. Apologies if I misunderstood what you were saying.

Edited by KeithJenner

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Yes, my post was really to clarify, as I think that, inadvertently, your original post suggested that this was a reason why someone should choose to prepay the DSC - in case it increased at a later date.

I think that between us, it is quite clear now. This is no reason to prepay the DSC in case the rate increases, but if NCL do announce an increase then there is clearly a financial benefit in prepaying at some point before the cruise to get that old rate.

It is a point that does cause a lot of confusion every time NCL raise the DSC, with people assuming they need to pay straight away, or that it only applies to people who have already prepaid. That's why I often reply to these posts to clarify. Apologies if I misunderstood what you were saying.

No problem. I think I did inadvertently make that suggestion. We’re good. 🙂