Hamilton taxis and moon gate

CruisinCrow

We plan to take the ferry from the Dockyards to Hamilton and from there catch a taxi to the Crystal Caves.  Where in relation to the ferry terminal is the taxi stand?  Also, I think I read that there is a moon gate at the Par le Ville entrance to the Queen Elizabeth Park.  Is that correct?  If so, it looks like a very short walk and I'd love to stop there and get some pictures before going to the caves.

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

When you exit the ferry terminal you will see the taxis. There is a Moongate in Queen Elizabeth Park. It is a short walk from the ferry terminal. 

Sounds great.  Our stay is way too short so I'm glad I'll be able to see at least one moon gate.

53 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I knew about that one but it looks so new I thought it was more of a tourist attraction than a "real" moon gate.  Any idea how long it's been there?  I don't mind seeing more than one. :classic_smile:

3 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

I knew about that one but it looks so new I thought it was more of a tourist attraction than a "real" moon gate.  Any idea how long it's been there?  I don't mind seeing more than one. :classic_smile:

What is real and what is not? They are all tourist attractions. The Moongate in Queen Elizabeth Park is better in my opinion than that one in the Dockyard and as a bonus the park is very nice. I think the Moongate in the park is Bermuda’s oldest Moongate. When ships docked in Hamilton I always visited that park. I hate to admit it but the first time I visited Bermuda I saw the Moongate there I thought it was interesting but didn’t know that it was a Moongate or what a Moongate was!!! 🙃

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

What is real and what is not? They are all tourist attractions.

That is a good question.  I guess my definition of a real one is one that was built for someone's garden and has some historical significance as opposed to one that was built more recently just for photo-ops. :classic_smile:

Here's a photo of the moon gate in Queen Elizabeth Park.  if you turn left onto Front Street from the ferry terminal, then turn right onto Par La Ville Rd, you'll come to the moon gate side of the park.  Go up short flight of stairs to the gate.  you can then retrace your steps to the ferry/taxi area, or walk through the park to Queen Street and turn right back to Front Street and the Ferry/taxi area.  

One good thing about a short stay in Bermuda - it will convince you to go back.  Then you can visit the moon gates in Somer's Park in St. George, and in the Botanical Gardens😊.  

image.png.3887dd8a3bb17d00119323737f8f8831.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SuzeCruz1 said:

Here's a photo of the moon gate in Queen Elizabeth Park.  if you turn left onto Front Street from the ferry terminal, then turn right onto Par La Ville Rd, you'll come to the moon gate side of the park.  Go up short flight of stairs to the gate.  you can then retrace your steps to the ferry/taxi area, or walk through the park to Queen Street and turn right back to Front Street and the Ferry/taxi area.  

One good thing about a short stay in Bermuda - it will convince you to go back.  Then you can visit the moon gates in Somer's Park in St. George, and in the Botanical Gardens😊.  

image.png.3887dd8a3bb17d00119323737f8f8831.png

Thanks for the detailed instructions!  I already know we'll be planning a return trip. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...