Millie Family Verandah 9197

kittywife77

1 hour ago, kittywife77 said:

Celebrity just upgraded us to FV 9197 on our Millie Japan cruise next April! 

Anyone been in one of these and can offer any advice?

Lucky you.

We were in 9156 on Infinity which was on the opposite corner.

2 rooms and a HUGE balcony, but only one bathroom, so it depends on how many are in the room. I have read that some people shower in the gym to ease congestion.

The Ocean View cafe is directly above on deck 10. I did hear movement of chairs for cleaning purposes early morning. I have attached some photos, but of course they are pre the recent dry dock.

0FB49440-8320-4075-8530-132800AB75BC.jpeg

4770675B-4DA8-4598-AF36-5B8E10687744.jpeg

44A0725C-D36B-4BF9-A558-E2E2B14D4295.jpeg

E4875D57-DE9A-4D25-A3A5-803403D645A9.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

4 hours ago, kittywife77 said:

Celebrity just upgraded us to FV 9197 on our Millie Japan cruise next April! 

Anyone been in one of these and can offer any advice?

With the Revolution update, the FV cabins are a little different now.  Here is a thread with photos of a post-Revolution FV cabin on Summit which should be closer to what you will see on Millennium.

That's a fantastic upgrade!  Curious to know what you were upgraded from?

We've stayed in corner FV's on decks 7, 8 and 9.  Now that you're assigned to that category, I would at least inquire about the availability of any of the other corner FV's on deck 7 or 8.  The only reason I suggest it is to avoid the noise from the deck 10 Oceanview café above as upwarkuk mentioned. It's not that big of a deal, but it doesn't hurt to ask about availability on decks 7 or 8. Ask only for the corner staterooms. Of none are available, stick with your corner on deck 9. Under no circumstances would I trade a corner FV on deck 9 for an interior FV on decks 7 or 8. 

Enjoy! 😉👍

4 minutes ago, Nextcruise42 said:

Just curious. What is the problem with the FV not on corners ?

Compared to the corner FVs, the non-corner versions are smaller both cabin interior-wise and balcony-wise. 

Edited by mahdnc

1 hour ago, BEAV said:

That's a fantastic upgrade!  Curious to know what you were upgraded from?

We've stayed in corner FV's on decks 7, 8 and 9.  Now that you're assigned to that category, I would at least inquire about the availability of any of the other corner FV's on deck 7 or 8.  The only reason I suggest it is to avoid the noise from the deck 10 Oceanview café above as upwarkuk mentioned. It's not that big of a deal, but it doesn't hurt to ask about availability on decks 7 or 8. Ask only for the corner staterooms. Of none are available, stick with your corner on deck 9. Under no circumstances would I trade a corner FV on deck 9 for an interior FV on decks 7 or 8. 

Enjoy! 😉👍

We were upgraded from a 2C!!!!

This is because we booked pre-revolution as the cabin we selected had a sofa bed, which was subsequently changed to only an upper berth. We complained back in January and finally got an upgrade today! 

We're quite happy to stay in the one we've been assigned as it is a very port intensive itinerary, so noise won't bother us too much.

26 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Compared to the corner FVs, the non-corner versions are smaller both cabin interior-wise and balcony-wise. 

...and the corner FV's have a better view in comparison to the non-corner who have balcony partitions on both sides. 

132359580_6DX45-M-1.jpg

Edited by BEAV

3 minutes ago, BEAV said:

...and the corner FV's have a fantastic view in comparison to the non-corner who have balcony partitions on both sides. 

True.  You get expansive 270 deg views from the corner balcony vs 180 deg from the non-corner balcony.  However there are a few people out there that prefer the non-corner FV balcony because there is more glass balcony wall that makes it easier to view the ship's wake from a seated position.

I prefer the corner view.

Edited by mahdnc

15 minutes ago, kittywife77 said:

We were upgraded from a 2C!!!!

This is because we booked pre-revolution as the cabin we selected had a sofa bed, which was subsequently changed to only an upper berth. We complained back in January and finally got an upgrade today! 

We're quite happy to stay in the one we've been assigned as it is a very port intensive itinerary, so noise won't bother us too much.

Excellent!  It paid to speak up!