Internet Packages Question

Luckysll

In general, there is not enough bandwidth to support any streaming services (Spotify, Youtube, etc.).  I have been told that the enhanced wifi service on the brand new ships (premium wifi plan) may be able to support this.  So, I guess the answer is, it depends.

Edited by Schoifmom

My family shared the social media package.  For what it's worth, it was pretty poor and slow.  Videos on social media sites like Facebook did not work. Even uploading a picture was difficult.

7 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

In general, there is not enough bandwidth to support any streaming services (Spotify, Youtube, etc.).  I have been told that the enhanced wifi service on the brand new ships may be able to support this.  So, I guess the answer is, it depends.

Thanks.  I'll be on the Legend, so I'd guess that means a no.  Not a big deal.  I'm pretty sure I can live without YouTube for a few days. 😀

9 hours ago, Luckysll said:

Thanks.  I'll be on the Legend, so I'd guess that means a no.  Not a big deal.  I'm pretty sure I can live without YouTube for a few days. 😀

Yeah, I wouldn't count on it on the Legend. Carnival officially supports Netflix on the Vista, Horizon & now Sunrise through the Premium plan, but only because they have the most upgraded wifi service. They don't officially support YouTube on any ship or any plan, but people have reported being able to stream video services like YouTube, HBO Go, & ESPN, on the Vista & Horizon. Carnival started upgrading wifi service on other ships in the fleet, as well. I think they started with the Dream class. Even then, I don't think it's as good as the newest ships.

Carnival Corporation owns Princess Cruises and We cruised on the Caribbean Princess last year to Panama. The Internet package we got was  excellent and at $10 a day unlimited.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/medallionnet/

we made phone calls and video calls with no lag or distortion. I wish all the ships would be like that.