Reykjavik Flight Departure Timing

Hoping for some experienced advice on flights from Reykjavik, for a cruise currently on hold, a Windstar Star Breeze Iceland cruise. I was hoping to fly out of Reykjavik the same day as disembarkation, which is scheduled for a 7am ship arrival.  As far as safe flight departure times, the cruise line told me to get an afternoon flight.

I need to use Delta, and their latest flight departure is 10:55am.  With a 7am ship arrival, I was thinking a 10:55am departure would be possible.  I don't know how long the clearance process takes for a ship in Reykjavik, but the ship is small, only 200 or so passengers

Looks like it's about an hour drive to the airport.  We have Global Entry and TSA-PreCheck but I guess that's of no help in the Reykjavik airport in order to speed up the clearance process. Anything else we could do in order to expedite the process at the Reykjavik airport?

So what do you think?  Is a 10:55am KEF flight departure doable for a 7am scheduled ship arrival?

1 hour ago, jmbklj said:

We have Global Entry and TSA-PreCheck but I guess that's of no help in the Reykjavik airport in order to speed up the clearance process

Correct - will not help you at KEF.

it’s a small airport an driving from Reykjavík should not exceed 60 minutes.

Assuming you can be off the ship before 8 am you should have no problems making an 10:55 am flight - check in does close 45 minutes prior to departure.

KEF recommends arrival 2.5 hours prior to flight.  MANY flights leave within the same time slot (like, 15 in an hour) so crowds to check in get very large, with lengthy lines.  Our worst case was a 90 minute wait to check in.

KEF may be a "small airport" as hallasm suggests, but it's a very crowded airport, and from check in to gates can be a 15 minute walk down a very very long hallway to the International departures area

It is about an hour from the city to the airport, a taxi will run you upwards of $150.

Edited by Nitemare