Spa specials?

crimmj

Will be on Viking Sun in July. Spa appointments can be booked this week but I am curious if there will be last minute spa specials advertised on board? Have seen this in other cruise lines.

I did not see any specials on either of my VO cruises. It was more the opposite---times were difficult to get. 

If you know you need a manicure or pedicure I would try to book it at the time spa bookings open up for your cabin category. I was barely able to get a manicure appointment on my last cruise because I waited until I was onboard. Next time I will pre-book as soon as I am able. Not sure if the massages or hair/facial appointments are as busy.

The spa staff is not very large. 

I actually remember some "specials" coming up in the Viking Daily now and then ... almost always on days when there were lots of spa openings ... days with heavy excursion schedules, never on a sea day!  They were usually facials but my daughter an I did a special pedicure one day on the Star when the ship was in St. Petersburg ... we had been there before so had a "quick" morning excursion and an afternoon on the ship.  

On our transatlantic there were regular specials, especially on port days.  I know I got my massage for 20%.  Didn't miss anything ashore, just booked it in the morning before leaving the ship for the afternoon after re boarding.