How much time between flights on return to US from Caribbean?

Ski Mom 2

I found our next cruise that will end in Aruba. I'm thinking we might stay an extra day to see the island. My question is this: When we return to the US, how much time do I need to allow between my arrival back to the US (either at Miami or Charlotte) before departing on my final flight home? Can I do it in 1.5 hours or do I need a longer time in between flights? Thanks!

Aruba is one of the airports that US immigration pre-clearance. Therefore, you should arrive in MIA/CLT like a domestic flight, meaning the amount of time you need is no different than if you were connecting in MIA/CLT on the way from, say, Tampa to Buffalo. One-and-a-half hours should be just fine.

As someone who has been to Aruba several times, you will need to get to the airport about 4 hours before your flight. The majority of outbound flights are all within 45 min to an hour timeframe. So you first have go to the airline counter to drop your bags off, then you go through Aruban Passport/customs control and Aruba security, then you go to a baggage claim area, claim your bags then stand in line to go through US customs, then you have to drop your bags off again, then go through a second security check before you get into the gate areas.

Thank you both so much for the information. I like clearing customs in Aruba but not so much having to arrive 4 hours ahead. Guess we will have to just stay an extra day!