Liquor Store Purchase Delivery?

TVLady3

If a bottle of liquor is purchased on board is it delivered by your Stewart on the last night of the cruise?

I thought it always was until I read a very disturbing review on John Healds FB page. A lady just got off the Sunrise and waited on line 30 mins. with her receipt in hand. She had to leave to catch her ride cause it would be another hour before she could retrieve it from the pickup table. All her liquor purchases were lost.

If this is Carnivals policy, I won't be purchasing any more liquor on board when I sail the Sunrise in July. I will not have to miss breakfast to get in line early to stand in a line for 30-60 minutes  to pick up my purchases.

What a way to end a cruise! Not me!

My understanding is that it depends on the length of the cruise. Shorter cruises have to pick it up on debarkation day, seven day and longer trips, it is delivered to your cabin on the last night of the cruise. 

On cruises of 7 days and longer, it will be delivered to your cabin.  Shorter cruises have the pick up location indicated in the Fun Times.  Typically, this opens very early in the morning.  Chances are, she waited until later (like everyone else) and was upset that she had to wait.

Our last cruise in Dec required you to pick up your liquor starting at 6 am. I was there at 5.30 and had about 30 people ahead of me. By the time they opened there must have been about 150 tired angry people at the door and as you can imagine what a mess! No type of organization or staff help. I for one will never go through that again. But I do love Carnival and this was the only really bad experience I we have had.

Last two cruises on the Glory and Sunshine it was delivered by my steward. On the Elation prior I was told in liquor store I would have to pick it up on the morning of leaving, so I returned the bottle for a refund. I would not go on the morning of just do what did last time in StMartin just  took the bottles on and did not turn them in. A lot easier 

From the Carnival FAQs (underlining is mine for relevant info).....

"What is Carnival's Liquor & Beverage Policy....?

Purchasing Liquor During the Cruise

Liquor purchased on board and taken home may be subject to Customs duty and must be declared on the Customs declaration form. For details on your duty-free allowance, click here.

Ports of Call and The Fun Shops (on board)
All alcohol purchased ashore or in The Fun Shops ports will be stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. Items are to be collected in a designated lounge on debarkation morning on cruise durations of 5 days and less; for cruise durations 6 days and more, alcohol will be delivered to guest staterooms after 7:00pm, the evening prior to debarkation (some exceptions may apply).

The Fun Shops (pre-cruise orders)
All sold products containing alcohol have a limit of two products, per booking (whether booked online or a telephone order). This includes alcohol, wine, champagne and beer. A ‘pack’ or ‘package’ is considered one product."