Fll hotels in January....$$$$$$$ any ideas...

Kelownabccan

On 5/29/2019 at 2:17 AM, cheeseclan said:

I will disagree that points stay the same with Hyatt hotels.  We used points this past January at Hyatt place 17th street and it was 8000 points per night.  Next January it is 12000 points per night because of the super bowl.

On 5/29/2019 at 8:05 AM, DaveOKC said:

Sorry to disagree, but I must to clarify.  Hyatt annually changes the points required for a free room at each property.  This year they increased  all of the Fort Lauderdale area locations from 8000 to 12,000 points, for ANY DAY DURING THE YEAR.  I just booked early Dec. and it was also 12,000 points.  To check this out, try a dummy booking for July - the SLOW season - it will still be 12,000 points.  So, if you got the room for 12,000 points around the Super Bowl, you got a real good deal IMO and you should book it NOW - while the number of points required will not increase, they do sell out the free rooms (especially when demand/price is so high! 

Have to fully agree with DaveOKC.....I too have Hyatt points and they basically raised the hotels in the area from category 2, which requires 8000 pts per night to category 3, which requires 12,000 points. The Hyatt House FLL, and the Hyatt Place FLL are both now category 3.  In the Miami area, the Hyatt Regency & Hyatt Coral Gables are Category 3, the Confidante Miami Beach is category 4 (15 K pts) and the Hyatt Centrics are both category 5 (20 K pts).  The only category 2 is the Hyatt Place MIA east.

On 5/26/2019 at 1:31 AM, Kelownabccan said:

was going to arrive an extra day ahead but at the high cost that is out of the question now.....what about airbandb???

Airbnb or VRBO.com are your best bets.  I just reserved a room for 92.00 including fees and taxes for a place that is halfway between FLL and Port Everglades for Saturday January 4.  Even lucked out since the owner will pick us up at the airport and also take us to the ship the next day for an extra 10.00 each trip.  So we even saved on Uber or Lyft.  Make sure that you click on the total cost because many of the places have high cleaning costs and fees which can make an 80.00 place end up being 150.00.  There was a notation that 85% of the available rooms in FLL were already booked.  There are many different options from a 1 room rental to multiple room houses available.

When using AirBnB or VRBO be careful if renting a condo in South Florida.  Many, if not most, condo buildings have regulations governing rentals (common is one rental a year for a minimum of 3 months) that the owner must agree to when buying.  Some buildings can get very aggressive enforcing them.  You don't want to arrive and find you are locked out of your building or, maybe worse yet, get thrown out after you arrive!

On 6/8/2019 at 1:27 AM, SNJCruisers said:

Airbnb or VRBO.com are your best bets.  I just reserved a room for 92.00 including fees and taxes for a place that is halfway between FLL and Port Everglades for Saturday January 4.  Even lucked out since the owner will pick us up at the airport and also take us to the ship the next day for an extra 10.00 each trip.  So we even saved on Uber or Lyft.  Make sure that you click on the total cost because many of the places have high cleaning costs and fees which can make an 80.00 place end up being 150.00.  There was a notation that 85% of the available rooms in FLL were already booked.  There are many different options from a 1 room rental to multiple room houses available.

Dear God WHERE are you staying between the airport and Port Everglades?

I'm concerned that the poster got a room for $92 for one of the busiest times of the year when everything else is $300, in an area that has zero residential areas, AND is recommending a place they have never stayed.

And  the owner is picking them up at the airport????  In South Florida????

There are red flags all over this for me.  

I wish they would return with an address.

Edited by BlueHerons

I've been poking around trying to nail down a room for 1/9/20. Just a note if you book with a hotel, they often will tack on a resort fee. I saw a property that I was very interested in for $105 and had a $100 resort fee. It was not a $200 property.

5 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

As I described in my last post, go to the map.  Zoom into the FLL area. Click on the 63.00 listing.  On the  individual listings on the left, it says 63/82 total.  This listing is available for your 2020 stay, but is booked for your November stay.  I gave you 3 cheaper options.  Good luck.

SNJCruisers that link you posted happens to be an illegal rental.

The address is for The Cordova Arms which happens to be an apartment building one of my friends own.

This is one of the problems you run into when you find prices that are too good to be true.

There is a hostel right across the street if you want to try that.

8 hours ago, fraternal said:

We will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale on Jan 10th for a 2 night stay pre cruise. We need a hotel that has restaurants within walking distance. Any suggestions?

Start by narrowing down your general question.  Check out the official tourist site: www.sunny.org/places-to-stay/.  Then come back and tell us your budget and requirements.