Visa required for canadians?

Would VERY MUCH appreciate any feedback.

So we booked a cruise with RC going to Cuba next month. We are canadian citizens, NOT american cizitens. I called RC to ask what paperwork I need and they were not very informative, just kept telling me to fill out the same forms americans have to. So of course I called the Cuban consulate in Toronto, and they simply told me "ask the cruise line".

As canadians, we dont need a visa or special authorization to visit Cuba, but need a tourist card, always supplied by the airline. Not sure how it works in this case, since Im flying to the US and then boarding the cruise to Cuba.

Any ideas?

Edited by belugos

1 hour ago, belugos said:

Would VERY MUCH appreciate any feedback.

So we booked a cruise with RC going to Cuba next month. We are canadian citizens, NOT american cizitens. I called RC to ask what paperwork I need and they were not very informative, just kept telling me to fill out the same forms americans have to. So of course I called the Cuban consulate in Toronto, and they simply told me "ask the cruise line".

As canadians, we dont need a visa or special authorization to visit Cuba, but need a tourist card, always supplied by the airline. Not sure how it works in this case, since Im flying to the US and then boarding the cruise to Cuba.

Any ideas?

Yes, you will need to purchase a visa.  The requirements for sailing from the US are different than flying from Canada.  You can if you want purchase your own Cuban Visa in advance and bring it with you.  

2 hours ago, belugos said:

Problem is : how to purchase that Cuban Visa? Local embassy says they cannot do it... Im flying to FLL on Saturday.

Then you can get your Visa when you check in for your cruise.  $75.00 will be billed to your stateroom.  Have a great cruise!!  Are you on the Majesty or Empress??

If you are on the Majesty doors open at 9:30. Boarding generally starts around 10:00  It gets super crowded between 11:45 and 1:30.  

On a cruise departing from USA you have to use the red tourist card just like USA citizens. Normally you would get a green one that I think costs slightly less, but since you departed from USA you are stuck using our red one.

They will sell it to you on the ship and add to your account. You will get it when you check in at the departure terminal.

No worries, it will be fine when you check in all you need is your passport.