Parmesan fries??

3418ahl

We are sailing shortly on the Quest after being absent from Seabourn for some time.  Can someone tell me if those wonderful Parmesan coated fries are still available?

Hmm, well, others believe there used to be parmesan fries on Seabourn ;-) 

I don't think they were rolled in parmesan, but the Patio fries we had last Sept were delicious and we had them quite often as an afternoon snack....

The others were clearly mistaken. We had been given the recipe for the coating  from the days of the triplets and they were panko breaded fries. A special type of Japanese breadcrumb for those not familiar, and they were in no way dairy covered as my other half has a severe allergy to it, to which Seabourn is made very aware.

We have had the fries several times on our current cruise.  While they were delicious (sinfully so), I didn't notice a coating of Panko or anything else.  Maybe I was just oblivious.  

Seabourn Fries & a Napa Burger ......outstanding!   The SB fries are different from regular fries but they are certainly not Parmesan coated.  I would say a light Japanese style coating is the key.  Should be easy to find out by just asking.   

Thanks everyone, I will be sure to ask for them AND ask how they are made! We will be on the Quest and then Ovation, so hopefully one of them will serve them!

They are still doing the Seabourn Fries......we asked for them specifically on the patio for lunch just last week on our Ovation cruise Lisbon to Amsterdam.....and they are delicious and different from the regular fries.  As Tilly said.....he did ask & confirmed panko.   

• Like 1

I had the fries on the Sojourn patio again today for lunch and examined them closely.  I could see evidence of what was perhaps Panko crumbs.  They were as delicious as always.  I'm pleased to say that I did not eat all of them this time.