Oli's Trolly

Charles4515

20 hours ago, flpenguin said:

I booked the 4 hr tour based on the amount of time spent at each stop.  The 2.5 hr long didn't seem like enough. I'll find out in a few weeks.

I had the same question and will follow to see your opinion.  Thanks

9 minutes ago, bubbamjs said:

I had the same question and will follow to see your opinion.  Thanks

I called them this morning to ask a few questions. My concern was that the 4 hour tour is at 9:30 and the ship arrives at 8 and tenders. Plus they request arriving 30 minutes before.  They said I would have to be aggressive getting off the ship. She stressed that. They did say people from my sailing had signed up for the 9:30 tour. Don’t know how they would get there 30 minutes ahead. I am still thinking about it but I am leaning towards the 2.5 hour tour that leaves later. 

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I called them this morning to ask a few questions. My concern was that the 4 hour tour is at 9:30 and the ship arrives at 8 and tenders. Plus they request arriving 30 minutes before.  They said I would have to be aggressive getting off the ship. She stressed that. They did say people from my sailing had signed up for the 9:30 tour. Don’t know how they would get there 30 minutes ahead. I am still thinking about it but I am leaning towards the 2.5 hour tour that leaves later. 

Please keep us updated as to your experience.  My family of five is headed that way September 2020 and all are very interested in this option.  Thanks

• Like 1

My mom and I opted for the 2 1/2 hour tour.  We are also doing the 30 minute tour of the town.   Having to tender, we didn't want to have to rush off the ship and we have enough time between the 2 tours that we can have a leisurely lunch and then after the 2nd tour we can take our time either shopping a little or heading back to the ship.  We just wanted it to be a somewhat easy day.  Mom is 82, so the easier the better.

14 hours ago, OBX-Cruisers said:

The 2.5 hr tour followed by a lobster lunch and shopping at the many store in BH make for a full shore day as we found

This is what we decided, too.  We signed up for the 11 am tour followed by lobster roll lunch. Yum!

I don't think I will shop too much.  We will likely stroll the path along the water.  We did that the last  [only] time we were there.  

15 hours ago, OBX-Cruisers said:

The 2.5 hr tour followed by a lobster lunch and shopping at the many store in BH make for a full shore day as we found

Sounds good. I decided to do the 2.5 hour tour and booked it online. I did not feel it was worth the effort to be agressive getting off the ship to make the early time of the 4 hour tour departure at a tender port. 

18 hours ago, OBX-Cruisers said:

This is exactly what we did on our port day in Bar Harbor.