Solo cruiser Discounts

Cruises that have a solo cruiser discount indicate that on the NCL website if you search for cruises and indicate only 1 passenger.  Not all cruises offer it and it's not always the same discount.  Generally, it will not appear on a cruise unless the cruise is in the near future.  The definition of "near future" varies.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

I did this in April this year. Watch prices daily. My 7 night inside cabin without any perks went down to $250 for single 4 days prior to cruise departure. It was a great last minute 7 day cruise at a great price.

I just did a solo 7 day round trip Seattle- Alaska.  I booked on May 11th, for the May 18th cruise.  I paid $561 CDN plus taxes, single supplement waiver.  I also did a solo cruise on Pride of America last June (during the volcano erupting), I can’t remember exactly what I paid but it was cheap, cruises were on sale plus no supplement.

10 minutes ago, 9876 said:

Last minute you will get the solo discount.  Otherwise, look at the studio cabins.  That would be your best bet if you need to plan ahead.

I wondered if this is what the original poster was enquiring about?  I have sailed several times in the studio cabins.  They are very nice, small, but the lounge is nice for extra space and snacks and drinks and coffee.  If you are used to inside cabins, not much of an adjustment.  The studio cabins on the Bliss have Virtual Balconies which are amazing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, adoris said:

I wondered if this is what the original poster was enquiring about?  I have sailed several times in the studio cabins.  They are very nice, small, but the lounge is nice for extra space and snacks and drinks and coffee.  If you are used to inside cabins, not much of an adjustment.  The studio cabins on the Bliss have Virtual Balconies which are amazing.

Many times last minute NCL will offer regular cabins at a lower than 200% rate.  It is even one of their 'squares' on the pricing with a blue 'S' for solo discount. 

I think that is what she is wondering about.  

Edited by 9876

I sail NCL solo often, always at 0% solo supplement. They often offer the 0% even further out than just a couple of days. In the off season they can see ships selling very slowly and they will offer 0% 30 days or more out, sometimes they will offer for a day or two here and there then drop and repeat. You just have to keep shopping. Good luck

I think this is ok to post because they do not sell cruises. Cruiseplum.com lists solo supplements and makes it easier to find the cruises without one. They don't have every possible cruise though, so you still have to hunt on the NCL site.