Cabin query

Klocka

Anybody ever stayed in cabin 5125 on Queen Elizabeth or close to it. Thinking of booking it but worried about engine noise. Any comments on this cabin would be helpful.

1 hour ago, Klocka said:

Anybody ever stayed in cabin 5125 on Queen Elizabeth or close to it. Thinking of booking it but worried about engine noise. Any comments on this cabin would be helpful.

It is on deck five. Why would you think that a room at least six decks above the engine room would have engine noise? Am I missing something here? 

You are not missing something it was a serious questions that I would like a serious answer to. Have been higher on ships and you can still get the engine noise through the ventilation.

1 hour ago, Klocka said:

You are not missing something it was a serious questions that I would like a serious answer to. Have been higher on ships and you can still get the engine noise through the ventilation.

Looking at the deck plan for the Queen Elizabeth, the highest numbered room on deck 5 is 5110. That is a far aft cabin. Is it possible you are referring to 5025 instead? That is a mid forward cabin balcony cabin. The ships funnel for venting engine gases where one would expect to possibly hear noise is at the end of the mid-aft section section of the ship. If you would be so kind as to clarify your cabin number, it will give me a better chance of honestly answering your question. 

The cabin number is 5125 cabins on Queen Elizabeth on deck 5 goes up to 5195. 5125 is in what they call the mid aft section on deck 5. 5100 is in the mid ship section you are missing out both mid ship aft and aft.

1 hour ago, Klocka said:

The cabin number is 5125 cabins on Queen Elizabeth on deck 5 goes up to 5195. 5125 is in what they call the mid aft section on deck 5. 5100 is in the mid ship section you are missing out both mid ship aft and aft.

Well obviously you and I are looking at different deck plans on Queen Elizabeth. I am looking at the plan that appears here https://www.cunard.com/en-us/cruise-ships/queen-elizabeth/7

15 minutes ago, Bigmike911 said:

Well obviously you and I are looking at different deck plans on Queen Elizabeth. I am looking at the plan that appears here https://www.cunard.com/en-us/cruise-ships/queen-elizabeth/7

That's where I'm looking too. Here is the full image for deck 5 of QE found at that source. Click on the image to zoom in if you are viewing this in a browser.

illustrated-qe-deck-5.png.image.2270.448

Cabin 5125 is one of the light blue category CB (partially obstructed view balcony) cabins mid-aft on the starboard side.

Edited by bluemarble

30 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

That's where I'm looking too. Here is the full image for deck 5 of QE found at that source. Click on the image to zoom in if you are viewing this in a browser.

illustrated-qe-deck-5.png.image.2270.448

Cabin 5125 is one of the light blue category CB (partially obstructed view balcony) cabins mid-aft on the starboard side.

Apologies to all, I am the bad guy here. When I looked at the deck plan it is as you see above. When I zoomed in to read the numbers, it cut out everything to the left of 5110 and I was not able to move the map. I mistakenly thought I was looking at the complete deck plan. Obviously I was not. Sorry for the confusion I caused. It was all my fault. 

26 minutes ago, Bigmike911 said:

Apologies to all, I am the bad guy here. When I looked at the deck plan it is as you see above. When I zoomed in to read the numbers, it cut out everything to the left of 5110 and I was not able to move the map. I mistakenly thought I was looking at the complete deck plan. Obviously I was not. Sorry for the confusion I caused. It was all my fault. 

Klocka, sorry to hijack your thread any further, but just for future reference, the mechanism to scroll through the deck plans on the new Cunard website once you have zoomed in, is to click on the various names of the ship sections listed below the deck diagram. Here is a screen shot where I have zoomed all the way aft on the diagram for deck 5 of QE by clicking on the word "Aft" (which I have circled in red). By default, it starts you at the "Forward" section when you first zoom in.

image.thumb.png.de72d4e9197a59bf2c9f772d7e2207bc.png

Edited by bluemarble