7 Mile Beach Excursion Question

shell55

We have done this excursion in the past with Royal Caribbean. I looked at it just now for our upcoming cruise and it states the it is at Calico Jacks. I looked this up and it doesn't look like the same area oh beach that we were on in the past. I don't recognize the buildings around it. Does anyone know if they moved this excursion to a different area of this beach?

There is really no reason to pay for an excursion to go to the beach.  The bus is $2.50 pp...and will drop you anywhere along the beach that you'd like....when you're done, walk up to the road, and the next bus will stop, if it's not there waiting for you!

That said, what building were around you last time?  If you know, you can tell the bus to let you off there!

On 6/5/2019 at 9:41 AM, cb at sea said:

There is really no reason to pay for an excursion to go to the beach.  The bus is $2.50 pp...and will drop you anywhere along the beach that you'd like....when you're done, walk up to the road, and the next bus will stop, if it's not there waiting for you!

That said, what building were around you last time?  If you know, you can tell the bus to let you off there!

Some people,(myself included) don't like to take a bus anywhere.😲

There has been another hotel built near Calico Jacks, so the beach on the far side (Sea Grape) is no longer there.  That’s also where Tiki Beach was, they did a lot of cruise ship excursions.  The new area is likely Public Beach, which is on the closer side of Calico Jacks, and it’s also had some renovations over the last few years, so it’ll look different too.  It’s still a nice beach area, but is open to the public so you could likely go there on your own cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...

We are also now looking at this excursion with RCCL.  How early do you usually get off the ship/tender for this excursion?  We were originally planning to get off on our own and take the public bus/van to Royal Palms but I just realized we may not be abel to get a decent tender ticket time.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:10 AM, Husky61 said:

Some people,(myself included) don't like to take a bus anywhere.😲

To each his own, but if you do an excursion you'll likely be taken from terminal to the excursion via bus. 

Benefits to an excursion: ship won't leave without you, you'll travel only with others from your ship, cruiseline company makes a lot of money off of you

Benefits to "on your own": you control when you come & go, you'll maybe travel with some locals & get a taste of the culture, local makes a little money off of you