Prescription Mask Question

Islandbear

Heading to the Grenadines on Sail Windjammer next month.  My son has a -325 -350 prescription and I want to get him a RX Mask.  any recommendations.

Should I order a -325 -325 or a -350 -350?

Has anyone had a good experience for a Brand?

The left and right eye can be ordered with their specific prescription.  I have used Leisure Pro and am happy with them.

Ideally you would be able to try on the mask first to make sure it makes a good fit.  If there is a dive shop near you I would go there and try on masks.  First check to see what brands have the prescription you need as it is a waste of time to try on masks that don't have the prescription.

Go to your nearest Scuba shop and try on masks.  They will show you which ones can have lenses put in.  Then they will send off the mask for you to have them installed.  You can have a rush put on it, since you are close on time.  It won't be cheap but he is  guaranteed to be happier when he can see!  Worth every penny.

Yes, you can order some lower prescriptions online with LeisurePro, we did that for our son who just has a small correction.  Made a world of difference for him.  A bigger correction like your son's, I would go for the professional service to grind the lenses just like eye glasses.

Definitely go to a local dive shop and try on a few different masks that offer Rx lenses.  I'm SO glad I did it!  My only complaint (if I had to complain) is that I got corrective lenses only for distance.  I have bifocals for reading up close, and sometimes my arm isn't long enough to read my gauge or computer "comfortably."

Thanks

I would love to go to a Dive shop but the closest one is an hour and a half away so it would be a day off work and a three hour drive.  That's just not in the cards.

My local eye doctor recommended ordering a Promate Pro on-line.