Notification for EVERY new post

Hi.

Since I've been with Cruise critic, when I've followed a topic, I get an email when there's a new post.  It's always been one notification until I log in and check the thread again.

Starting a day or two ago, I get an email for EVERY new post - even if I haven't been back on.  I'm currently out and about most of the day without the ability to log in and look and by the end of the day I'll have about 80 email from cruise critic.    

What happened?  I don't recall changing anything.

Thanks.

Over the past couple of weeks, there have been a number of notification issues, including people getting unwanted notifications. Try resetting your notification settings to what you do want, and see if that helps. Let us know. 

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Over the past couple of weeks, there have been a number of notification issues, including people getting unwanted notifications. Try resetting your notification settings to what you do want, and see if that helps. Let us know. 

They were what I wanted.  I want a notification when new content is posted, and no more until I log in and check.  I woke up to 65 emails from cruise critic this morning.  I want it to behave the way it did last week.  

I would prefer not to go to a daily digest, but I might have to do it.  I've got email on my phone and this is sucking up my data plan.

Interesting, I appear to have the opposite problem.  I haven't received a single email from CC for the last week or so.  My notifications are reset correctly.  I emailed to cchelp a few days agi and they are working on it. 

1 hour ago, abbydancer said:

It's still happening.  Are most people still getting one email until they log in again?  What's the email address for cchelp?

Thanks

I'm still getting zero emails.   They have sent me a test email and it didn't work either.

Try emailing them at help@cruisecritic.com

On 6/4/2019 at 10:26 PM, abbydancer said:

It's still happening.  Are most people still getting one email until they log in again? 

I was reminded of an option in Notification Settings when I was looking at the page.

Towards the bottom, one of the "Notification preferences" is "Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community".

If you only want one email until you log in again, then make sure that this one is checked.

7 hours ago, Globaliser said:

I was reminded of an option in Notification Settings when I was looking at the page.

Towards the bottom, one of the "Notification preferences" is "Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community".

If you only want one email until you log in again, then make sure that this one is checked.

Thanks.  I got help and apparently that somehow got unchecked.  When I was trying to figure this out, I never even saw it.