Princess with 12 year old?

gusmom

Taking our son on his first cruise in Nov/Dec this year (Panama Canal). He’s excited there is a kids club area but not sure he will fit. He’s 12 and will actually only be a couple of months shy of his 13th bday when we go, but the kids club is 8-12 & 13-17. 

Has anyone done a Cruise with this age, particularly w Princess? Curious to hear your tips/experiences. 

Is that over thanksgiving?   We left on january 8, and there were only 9 kids on our cruise.  The previous cruise over New Years had 200.  Please check my signature line if you are doing the 10 day round trip - we found a lot of great private vendors and had a wonderful cruise.  

On 6/5/2019 at 12:33 PM, cb at sea said:

He will be fine in either age group....no worries!  The 8 year olds and 12 year olds will have different things to do.  You really don't want your 12 year old in with 17 year olds.

Judging from my experience with my children and now grandchildren and their friends, there will be very few 16-17 year-olds at the  kids' club.  Although, I don't know why a 12 yr. old can't be in the proximity of (horrors!) 17 yr. olds.