ID Lanyard

Jodes3822

If you are in suites or above you can get an RFID pouch / wallet thingy you can put your card in (and if you want to stick it to your phone) so that you can keep your card from getting demagnetized.  I prefer the older leatherette wallets but the RFID ones were useful for DD who seemed to perpetually demagnetize her card by keeping it with her phone.  I solved the magnetic clasp in the handbag issue by using an ultra slim RFID folder inside the leatherette thingy -  you can get them from ebay for a couple of pence.

8 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

They do sell lanyards in the gift shop on board.  I just got off the Solstice.  I found it interesting that our seapass cards came prepunched.  Obviously, lots of people use lanyards.  I had never seen this before. 

On up-market lines we never see lanyards either.  

Once there was a bridge club of strangers on board who had obviously never sailed on a luxury ship and they wore them.

I think they are in the same category as door decorations. They do stand out!

9 hours ago, CYNSport said:

I rarely have pockets, so I like to use a lanyard on the ship. I am both amused and  gobsmacked by those who have firm opinions about whether or not other people should use them. This is, of course, the tip of the iceberg when it comes to opinionated cruisers who post on this forum. 🤯 

Thank you!  I also either don’t have pockets, or they are too shallow to trust with anything more valuable than a tissue 😝

I am also gobsmacked by the vitriol against them. I mean what did a lanyard ever do to those of you so repulsed by them?  Did you have a bad experience with one as a child? 🤣🤣  I must say that I was never forced to wear one at any job, but you can be assured that If I had been it would have had bling - lots of bling. And I would have worn it with panache. 

Quite frankly I’m at a stage where I really don’t give a flying fig what anyone thinks of me. So have at it!  

I always use a lanyard on a ship. It is a lovely one with bling and a clip for easy removal. I want my hands and shoulder free for my camera - not a purse. I find the lanyard convenient. The card is always handy, and I have cruised enough to know not to wear it in port - though wearing a lanyard is hardly the main thing that cues natives in that one is a tourist. 

I’ll be one of those people with a lanyard on my next cruise 😆 laughing at those who are fumbling to dig theirs out at the gate. 

To the OP - I got the nice one with the clip from Female Creations catalog and a few others from Michael’s

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GastroGnome said:

If you are in suites or above you can get an RFID pouch / wallet thingy you can put your card in (and if you want to stick it to your phone) so that you can keep your card from getting demagnetized.  I prefer the older leatherette wallets but the RFID ones were useful for DD who seemed to perpetually demagnetize her card by keeping it with her phone.  I solved the magnetic clasp in the handbag issue by using an ultra slim RFID folder inside the leatherette thingy -  you can get them from ebay for a couple of pence.

The RFID pouch to which you refer is--or perhaps now, was--provided to guests traveling in Concierge Class, AquaClass, and Suites...

Don't know if it's true fleet-wide but, having completed two cruises on Edge--a week in the Caribbean and the Transatlantic-- between March and May, I can report that Celebrity is again providing the leatherette wallets [same design but now gray] to guests traveling in Concierge Class, AquaClass, and Suites. 

• 1 month later...

I tend to travel in clothes that don’t have pockets. I wear a lanyard to keep track of my sea pass card. I’ve never lost one that way. Celebrity has a nice selection of lanyards. Some are even dressy and look like costume jewelry. You can also get a simple one that just says Celebrity on it. I have an assortment of them so I can accessorize.

Sherri