Getaway - Expanded Vibe

JohnIreland

Yeah, I saw this in the other thread about post-drydock Getaway. What sucks is that the general population no longer has any access to the front of the ship.

Another thing that sucks is that one of the best things about Vibe was the quaint, intimate, personalized service.  Everyone knew everyone else's names by the end of the cruise. It seems that will be lost, as I assume they will be selling 3, 4 or more times as many passes.

Edited by LrgPizza
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

It seems that will be lost, as I assume they will be selling 3, 4 or more times as many passes.

At the current price, I don't think that NCL could sell that many VIBE passes. 

What I would do is include VIBE access for Haven adults and give the starboard/front-facing sundeck to all Haven guests of any age. 

They would not give free access to Haven guests, it’s too much of a money maker. By doing what you suggest they effectively cut back on potential revenue and give more real estate to the Haven. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

They would not give free access to Haven guests, it’s too much of a money maker. By doing what you suggest they effectively cut back on potential revenue and give more real estate to the Haven. 

From what people are reporting, the $209 VIBE passes aren't selling-out. Opening the entire front-facing sundeck to Haven guests would mirror what has been done with Joy, Bliss, and Encore. 

Giving VIBE passes to Haven adults would mirror giving POSH access to Haven adults on Epic. 

Looking at the deck-plan above, I see too much space for what would probably be less than 70 people. 

4 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

I did not know Vibe was a perk for Haven guests on some ships. Strange. Ok, so you may be right. Sorry, I meant Posh. (Edited)

Posh is the Haven sundeck on the Epic.  The Haven had the front of the ship when it launched , but they was change to make that area public.

They do sell a small number of passed to Posh to the great unwashed down in steerage.

I missed the other thread. What free amenity did they take space away from to do this? 

I’ve been sitting on two CruiseNext certs for a while and every day I read something that makes me want to eBay them. It’s sad because I adored my first cruise ever, on a young Getaway. Little did I know I had entered cruising along with the FDR era and it  would literally all be downhill from there. (My first meal ever on a cruise ship was at Flamingo Grill. I remember being in disbelief that this awesome food was in included in my cruise fare.)

My cruise on BA (Haven no less) last month was like staying in a rundown airport hotel. 

(I’ve been spreading this whining around a bit lately, only because I’m genuinely sad to reach the end of my relationship with NCL. If you’re sick of reading about it, feel free to add me to the ignore list. I probably won’t be around much longer after I decide what to do with my cruise certificates.)

We love the Vibe experience and we really wanted a chance at getting two passes on our cruise on June 23, 2019 on  the Breakaway but when we learned $209.00 PP we decided it wasn't worth it to us. I hope all that get the passes have a great time.

2 minutes ago, Dodgers671 said:

We love the Vibe experience and we really wanted a chance at getting two passes on our cruise on June 23, 2019 on  the Breakaway but when we learned $209.00 PP we decided it wasn't worth it to us. I hope all that get the passes have a great time.

I agree. Have been in Vibe on the BA and loved it. But $200+ is, to my mind, way more than it’s worth. 

52 minutes ago, msjellybean said:

Did you check it out?  I love the Vibe bartenders!

Yes, we purchased the passes for a whopping $836 for the  four of us.  As we previously purchased them twice before at $99, we were going back and forth about buying them because of the huge price increase.  We all agreed it was worth it.  We had  beautiful  weather all week, except on the last day, so we were there alot.  The Vibe crew on the Escape last week were absolutely terrific.  They also now have pastries and coffee there in the morning as well as snacks all day long including being able to order off the Haven snack menu.  We met a lot of wonderful people but do think that might change in the future if it is located in such a larger space.  

• Like 1

Another option, we love the thermal weekly spa pass $199. pre cruise. Don't have to stress about boarding group # 1, don't have to run like a mad man or woman, and don't have to worry about the weather.  Something to consider 

thanks

That’s sad they took away that free public space.  We loved that area on the Getaway.  We felt we had space and it was far enough away from the very crowded and loud pool deck.  Also having a bar and restrooms right there made it even better.

• Like 1