Ovation guarantee booking

I know that I have read that this is ONE ship where you do not want to book a balcony guarantee. For those who have booked a guarantee for THIS year, did you find out at last minute what your assignment was? I would think with royals bid feature that it works in their favor to NOT assign guarantees until last minute.

8 minutes ago, BLAMBKY said:

I know that I have read that this is ONE ship where you do not want to book a balcony guarantee. 

Why not? The ship makes little diff on assignments - they are still unpredictable.

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Why not? The ship makes little diff on assignments - they are still unpredictable.

It seems like his class of ship has more obstruction than other classes, the way the lifeboats are positioned. My cruise next May is showing all obstructed balconies marked through, so would someone booking a guarantee have better than normal chance to get a non obstructed balcony. Lol, I know, I know, it is a gamble but I have only time to think about it with my coffee this morning. 

3 minutes ago, BLAMBKY said:

It seems like his class of ship has more obstruction than other classes, the way the lifeboats are positioned. 

As is the case with any GTY on any ship, if you would not be satisfied with the crappiest cabin in that category, don't book GTY.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

As is the case with any GTY on any ship, if you would not be satisfied with the crappiest cabin in that category, don't book GTY.

I am actually fine with it but being a planner, I like to know sooner than later. I am really just trying to figure out if there is ANY logic to Royal. I guess I should probably get to work & try to be productive today instead of thinking about cruising....but cruising is a whole lot more fun!

Britney, that has been my recent experience.

I booked a XB guarantee on the Anthem in April.  The cruise is tomorrow.  I got my assignment Monday afternoon.

(and yes, it's pretty much the worst balcony on the ship.  I don't care; I've been on Anthem many times)

We booked a balcony gty on Ovation for the Hawaii cruise in September but there was an option to book a 6d balcony gty so we chose that. I'm picky about cabins so I would never book a basic balcony guarantee on Quantum class. We were assigned a very nice 6d category cabin on deck 10 last week. I think it varies per sailing as to when cabins are assigned.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 9:30 AM, Merion_Mom said:

Britney, that has been my recent experience.

I booked a XB guarantee on the Anthem in April.  The cruise is tomorrow.  I got my assignment Monday afternoon.

(and yes, it's pretty much the worst balcony on the ship.  I don't care; I've been on Anthem many times)

@BLAMBKY  Just got back from the Anthem.  Great cruise.

My advice?  Don't book that GTY on the Ovation.  😉 

• Like 1