Steakhouse wine selections? Spa whirlpool?

metromover

We will be on Vista for the first time in October.  Have reservations for the Steakhouse on Embarkation night & looking forward to "upgrading" to a nice bottle of wine at 1/2 price.

Found someone's posting of the wine menu, but tilted and I am unable to read.  Have searched Carnival's webpage, but cannot find anything.  If you don't have the full menu, maybe you can recommend a nice red.  Also wondering whether there is a whirlpool or sauna open to the public in the spa area.  Thanks for any help.

7 minutes ago, metromover said:

We will be on Vista for the first time in October.  Have reservations for the Steakhouse on Embarkation night & looking forward to "upgrading" to a nice bottle of wine at 1/2 price.

Found someone's posting of the wine menu, but tilted and I am unable to read.  Have searched Carnival's webpage, but cannot find anything.  If you don't have the full menu, maybe you can recommend a nice red.  Also wondering whether there is a whirlpool or sauna open to the public in the spa area.  Thanks for any help.

We had a nice bottle of David Bruce Pinot Noir if you like a light red. Thinking/Assuming they may have different wine lists on different ships?  Nice to take the 50% off and not interested in their trash free bottle. Good call.

Cant comment on the spa, never go. Have a nice trip!

Edited by elcuchio24

34 minutes ago, metromover said:

Also wondering whether there is a whirlpool or sauna open to the public in the spa area.

No, on the Vista you must be in staying in a Cloud 9 Spa cabin in order to have access to the spa area.

I also can't help with the spa question.  But I, too, have a Pinot Noir (or two) to recommend from their list.  I looked up the list and can read, with some trouble, the tilted picture to which you refer.  I drink Pinot Noir almost exclusively.  I have had every Pinot Noir on their list and am very familiar with several of them.  I am not, however, a wine expert by any stretch of the imagination and do not know all the proper lingo.  Please excuse my very amateur tasting notes that follow:  

Mirassou is a good cheap wine ($8.98 a bottle at my local wine store) that I drink regularly.  It's bright, light, and a little acidic. Very fruity.   ($33 on pictured menu) 

La Crema is my "every day favourite" (not that I drink wine every day, but a few times every week, any way) its "real world" price is $20 a bottle.  It's richer and smoother than the Mirrasou.  Very yummy mid-grade Pinot.  ($48 on Steakhouse menu) 

Kendall-Jackson Vintner's Reserve is, IMO of the same quality as La Crema.  I can't remember specific taste notes, just that I like it about as much as I like La Crema, but I don't drink it as often, so not as familiar with it.  ($44 on pictured steakhouse menu)

Hartford Court is also good, but not worth the onboard price ($65), IMO.  It's not that much better than La Crema. 

In case you couldn't tell, I would probably choose La Crema from the Reds list.  In fact, I have several times on previous cruises  and probably will again in January.

I hope this was of some use to you.  Everyone's wine tastes and preferences are so individual.  :classic_blush:  Hopefully you'll pick a good one for you.:classic_smile:

If you like Zinfandel (does that count as a "big red?"), I can recommend the Cline and the Earthquake.  Both good, sturdy representatives of the varietal.

Edited by ShakyBeef
punctuation

9 hours ago, metromover said:

Here's the Steakhouse menu with wine pairings and wine list/prices. Wine selections from the MDR nightly menu are also available.

Fahrenheit 555 desserts.jpg

wine.jpg

Fahrenheit 555 menu.pdf wine prices.webp

8 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

No, on the Vista you must be in staying in a Cloud 9 Spa cabin in order to have access to the spa area.

This is not completely true. Both locker rooms have a sauna that anyone can use. However, access to the thermal suite is limited to guests staying in spa cabins and to guests who purchase access to this area.