Best way to Crystal Caves from Kings Wharf

royal girl

1 hour ago, royal girl said:

Ferry to Hamilton then taxi?   Will the taxis be where the ferry comes into Hamilton?  Will there be taxis at the caves to go back to Hamilton?  Thanks!

Assuming it's on a weekday, when the Dockyard to St. George ferry is running, I'd consider taking the ferry to St. George and then a taxi. The reason is that the taxi ride is about half as long so it will cost you significantly less.

Travel time using either route should be comparable, maybe a touch longer via St. George. It's a longer ferry ride to St. George, but that will largely be offset by the shorter taxi ride.

Taxis should be available at the ferry terminals, whether Hamilton or St. George. Unless you happen to catch a taxi that has just dropped someone at the caves there may not be any there, but the admissions desk should be able to summon a taxi for you.

Be mindful of the ferry schedule as there's less service to St. George than to Hamilton. Depending on your timing, Hamilton could be preferable for that reason.

Here's the schedule: http://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/Ferry/Summer Ferry Schedule 2019.pdf

• Like 1

We took the ferry to Hamilton and then took a taxi to the caves.  I think the taxi was about $30.  Sorry, I don't know about taxis coming back.  We went to the Swizzle Inn after the caves, then ended up taking the bus back.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

We took the ferry to Hamilton and then took a taxi to the caves.  I think the taxi was about $30.  Sorry, I don't know about taxis coming back.  We went to the Swizzle Inn after the caves, then ended up taking the bus back.

That was the way I did it too!

On 6/7/2019 at 10:09 AM, njhorseman said:

Assuming it's on a weekday, when the Dockyard to St. George ferry is running, I'd consider taking the ferry to St. George and then a taxi. The reason is that the taxi ride is about half as long so it will cost you significantly less.

We did this last week. Taxi was only $14 from St. George, so it wasn't really that expensive at all. We took the first ferry over and were at the caves by 9:45 or so.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2specialkidsforme said:

We were in Bermuda two weeks ago and the 4 of us took a taxi from the dockyard directly to the caves.  The price was $64.  It took a total of 45-50 minutes.

That's what we were going to do if we missed the ferry.  With four people, the price for a taxi is pretty reasonable.

We did ferry do Hamilton (spent some time there) and then bus (11?) to Crystal caves.

Then bus to St Georges and after some time ferry back to West End.

• Like 1