Restaurants Sant Angelo area Venice

1island2go

Hi all!

Looking for good restaurants close to Sant Angelo area of Venice especially for breakfast and dinner but we will be all over during the day and open to all suggestions. Interested in Breakfast lunch and dinner. Moderately priced (15-35 Euros per person for dinner main course) Not into gourmet at all, prefer the little mom and pop joints the locals go to just good basic food, but do want a sit down place in evening. I find a lot of times those don't make it onto trip advisor so hence the posting here. I have been on trip advisor a ton and now hoping to hear from those in the know who have been there recently as to what their favorites are.

Thanks in advance!

You won't find American-style breakfasts available except at hotels.  Any bar will have coffee and a cornetto (the Italian version of a croissant). Italian "bars" don't only mean a place to drink, they are more like a place to get coffee and a roll for breakfast, a small sandwich for lunch, etc. Plus a drink too, if desired....:classic_smile:

We stayed in Sant' Angelo but only ate one dinner in the area. It was recommended by our hotel and was good but I don't recall the name. In the campo and radiating streets near the church of Santo Stefano there are a number of places at varying price points -- you could just stroll around until you see something that looks good to you.

Note that some of the smaller, popular restaurants can fill up for dinner, if you don't have a reservation, though...