Best Stop for beach day

belletracy

Hello,

We are doing a 7 day cruise in Sept., first time for all 4 couples (50ish age). We are stopping in Kotor, Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, Argostoli, and Dubrovnik. we have booked a tour for Santorini only so far. Would love to hear which stop would be the best for a beach day,(not a nude beach though,lol) and any other suggestions for tours. We are open to new adventures, and love food, no issues with activity level. thank you!

• Like 1

Argostoli and specifically Kefalonia island is well known for its natural beauty and its beautiful beaches.

The best beach is Myrtos but it's about 40 minutes from the port. It is a carribean style beach with crystal blue waters and many times it has been declared the best beach in Greece. But you have to check the weather cause sometimes the waves make it impossible to swim. Very close to the port is Makrys Gialos (10 minutes by taxi or bus) who has a beach bar and water sports, a generally really nice beach and it will cost you less to get there. 

I hope I helped you decide. If you need any more info you can ask me.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia
  • Like 1

Check these guys, they have a nice excursion to Myrtos beach (I'm not affiliated with them but I have made my research and know it's the best priced and safe excursion you will find for Myrtos beach).

Note: I will say it again if you see that the weather is windy you can choose to go to Makrys Gialos cause the waves there are smaller compared to Myrtos'.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We did beach day at both Corfu and Argostoli, on what I suspect is the OP exact ship NCL Star a few weeks ago.  Doing the beach thing in both places is perfect breakup for the other big sightseeing places.

In both Corfu and Argostoli there are taxis right at the port that we hired to the beach.     For Corfu we arranged ahead of time with the Taxi drive to come pick us up, paying only after the return trip ( made sure he was coming back, LOL ).

On Corfu, we did a private boat charter  of Nautilus and went to different areas to swim and had an onboard bbq,  one of our best excursions😎

another time we went to Paleokastritsa,  it the water was freezing even in summer. 

On mykonos we went to super paradise,  but it was more of a party beach.  Lots of beautiful beaches in Kefallonia. In Santorini we go to the black sand beach of Kamari, lots of tavernas and a short bus or taxi ride from Fira. 

Edited by bennybear

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 11:23 AM, chipmaster said:

We did beach day at both Corfu and Argostoli, on what I suspect is the OP exact ship NCL Star a few weeks ago.  Doing the beach thing in both places is perfect breakup for the other big sightseeing places.

In both Corfu and Argostoli there are taxis right at the port that we hired to the beach.     For Corfu we arranged ahead of time with the Taxi drive to come pick us up, paying only after the return trip ( made sure he was coming back, LOL ).

We've been to Corfu a couple of years ago but just went in town and it was very hot.
This time we'd like to just go to a beach.
May I ask which beach you went to in Corfu?  How long a drive was it and how much was the cost?
Did they have bathrooms, showers and snack bar?

Edited by webecruzin2
spelling

1 hour ago, webecruzin2 said:

We've been to Corfu a couple of years ago but just went in town and it was very hot.
This time we'd like to just go to a beach.
May I ask which beach you went to in Corfu?  How long a drive was it and how much was the cost?
Did they have bathrooms, showers and snack bar?

In Corfu we went with the recommendation of the taxi driver ( a rather beat up E320 Merc),  he took us to the other side of the island, kontogialos beach.  There was a bar / restrooms ( I didn't see any showers ), we rented four chairs and two umbrellas for I think 10 euros.   We paid for round trip ( 100 euros round trip for 4 of us ), arranged for pickup time and paid after he dropped us back in the town ( no worries he wouldn't be back to collect his return and money).    They had classical beach running water open shower/faucet to rinse feet and body off right at the edge of the beach.   The Spyros insisted on us doing this before we sat at their bar, LOL

Memory was about 30' drive, we had the option to go to the main touristy beach but promised us if we wanted beach experience not the tourist check box / instagram tag, this would be better, having never been there, hard for me to judge but we had a relaxing three hours, then he dropped us off in the town square for a leisure lunch, yes it was hot, and we enjoyed just relaxing for this stop

Google( Maps )     kontogialos beach   or Spyros Bar Restaurant     

Edited by chipmaster