Princess excursion to the WWII Canadian Landing Beaches from LeHavre

Adventures ahead

This should be asked on the port page.  I doubt there is a tour to only Juno Beach - most probably a stop on way to or from Omaha and US Cemetery.  If you can convince driver/guide to swing by the Canadian Cemetery as well, it really is a pretty place, but much smaller of course.  I did a small group tour to Normandy Beaches area out of Paris several years ago.  If you are selecting a Princess Tour, I would recommend it include visit to the museum in Caen.  We also saw the Pointe du Hoc site. 

Our small tour went to the Canadian cemetery on request and the guide had never been there and was impressed.  I said he should add it to the tour.  (I know you want a Princess tour, but just suggesting you select one that covers more locations - if they offer it).

ETA - Sorry, I just looked up Excursions on Princess website and there is one focusing on Canada - and it does include the cemetery.  Too bad they don't - or are not able - to include more locations.  Hope you are able to make it.

Edited by steelers36

1 hour ago, steelers36 said:

This should be asked on the port page.  I doubt there is a tour to only Juno Beach - most probably a stop on way to or from Omaha and US Cemetery.  If you can convince driver/guide to swing by the Canadian Cemetery as well, it really is a pretty place, but much smaller of course.  I did a small group tour to Normandy Beaches area out of Paris several years ago.  If you are selecting a Princess Tour, I would recommend it include visit to the museum in Caen.  We also saw the Pointe du Hoc site. 

Our small tour went to the Canadian cemetery on request and the guide had never been there and was impressed.  I said he should add it to the tour.  (I know you want a Princess tour, but just suggesting you select one that covers more locations - if they offer it).

ETA - Sorry, I just looked up Excursions on Princess website and there is one focusing on Canada - and it does include the cemetery.  Too bad they don't - or are not able - to include more locations.  Hope you are able to make it.

Thanks for your reply. I posted on the port page already and it was suggested I post here. : )

We would have been happy to do a small group tour... the tours on our roll call were full and we felt it was too late to start a new one. We're already booked with Princess for the Canadian sites. I agree that it's too bad they don't include more locations. Maybe someone who has taken this excursion will also reply.

Just fyi we rented a car right at the port and drove their ourselves.  Not for everyone but it was quite easy and the vehicle had navigation.  There was about 25e in road tolls involved but it was a very easy drive.  And of course this allowed us to take our time, as much time, as we wanted.

2 hours ago, Adventures ahead said:

Thanks for your reply. I posted on the port page already and it was suggested I post here. : )

We would have been happy to do a small group tour... the tours on our roll call were full and we felt it was too late to start a new one. We're already booked with Princess for the Canadian sites. I agree that it's too bad they don't include more locations. Maybe someone who has taken this excursion will also reply.

I would expect that the Princess and Cunard tours are very similar. We did the American sector tour in 2017, and will be doing the Juno, Sword sector tour this September.

Its a full day - the likely stops will be at the beaches [in order of distance from the ship] Sword, Juno and the British Cemetery before lunch [Hopefully Princess will use the same lunch stop Cunard uses] and after lunch Gold beach and the 'Museum of the Landing.729630982_QM2-83.thumb.jpg.f2e9acf2abd890f17bc452327d908c7c.jpg

Your tour likely includes admission to the museum. See https://www.arromanches-museum.com/accueil/index.php?lang=uk for museum details. The beach features several surviving caissons from the 'Mulberry' artificial harbors. 

1992451202_QM2-51.thumb.jpg.cbb5c3269af0a2082b499403cc8ccba1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...