Joy large balcony questions!!

Msmojo66

Hi all!!! 

Looking at booking Joy for Alaska in August forward large cabin 8112 or 8712,   We've only sailed on the Jewel, once mini-suite balcony and once regular balcony, both mid-ship.  See that Joy does not have mid ship elevators, so hoping to help my mom (82, with walking issues) some ease.  Also bringing daughter (11) and her best friend.  The 2 cabins offer larger balcony, as well as room for 4.  Has anyone stayed in these rooms, or similar on other ships???  Space on balcony if all 4 out there??  Space/sleeping arrangements inside??? Is there a bed that lowers from ceiling or is couch the foldout and 2 have to sleep there??  Originally looking at mid ship balcony but after seeing no mid ship elevators, trying to figure out our best bet for balcony cabin!!! 

Thank you all in advance for any advice!!!  Trying to book by weekend and don't want to make a wrong cabin choice!!!  Any other advice on Joy greatly appreciated!!!

I can't help you with those exact rooms.  But we did stay in 8748 on the May18th sailing.

I had a knee replacement and was looking for a convenient location.  I counted it was 89 steps to the entrance of The District Brew house.  We will book that floor again in a heartbeat.

We had a room that slept 4.  One was on the Sofa and there was a Bed that lowered from the ceiling.  If mobility is an issue this is a great location to stay in.  We called it our secret location.  No traffic kids running up and down the hall nice and quit.

I hope that this helps

I believe there are only four large balcony cabins on the Joy and the Encore and they are the closest ones to the bow on deck 8 the rest on that deck are mini suites with a some insides. We recently booked 8112 on the Encore almost 2 years out from our cruise and the cruise consultant at NCL that helped with the booking was puzzled that there were only four left when we booked until he realized that we were booking the first one. It will be nice to be so close to the District Brew House as I love craft beers.

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I"m booked on the NCL Joy in March, and I was interested in ParrotheadKev and his thoughts on the balconly itself for your cabin?  I am booked in the exact same cabin, we wanted to be near the District Brew House and it looked like the larger balcony was a bonus! But is it covered, or open to the people above? I'm getting conflicting info on that. Also is it just two chairs, or is there room for more than two?