Weather in eastern med assistance

knoxclone

We are currently onboard the Sun and looking to  take a advantage of the onboard booking specials and are seriously considering the  cities of antiquity and holy land cruise   We have the option of cruising in either early November or early February. Looking for any advice on whether the seas will be rough for one month or another or any other suggestions to help us make a decision. I am currently on my first ocean cruise in the Baltic has seemed pretty calm, but I am prone to seasickness.   

Thanks!

With mother nature, you never know, but FWIW the roughest seas we have ever experienced (30-35 ft seas and 40+ knot winds) were off the coast of Italy (leaving Civitavecchia) in mid-October for a little over 24 hours.  Felt like pulling zero G's when the bow dropped.  Wife was not a happy camper (note: if you are wanting to comfort your partner and not leave them alone in the cabin for extended periods when they are experiencing motion sickness, do not bring your lunch back to the cabin, especially in my case brats and sauerkraut).

ha! Good to know.... 

halfway through my first ocean cruise, weather has been great and the Baltic smooth... and I can see land pretty much all the time. 😀 

I just hope to make the best decision based on more experienced cruisers suggestions. There has not been a lot of reviews on this particular itinerary. 

We just did this cruise at the end of March, so I can't directly comment on the difference between February and November.  Despite heavy winds in Israel that caused the captain to stay in Haifa an extra day rather than sail to Ashdod, we didn't experience any rough seas at all.  I will say, though, that I think Israel is better in February -- sort of early Spring for them.  November tends to be the end of the long dry season and the countryside looks pretty brown. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, knoxclone said:

Thanks I never considered the “season” springtime would probably be prettier than November.  

Having been in Israel all months of the year I would definitely choose November. It is this very beginning of the so called winter but we have spent many days at the beach in November and December. Spring is really in April.

Enjoy cruise.

Edited by orchestrapal