Falmouth day passes

CruiseMomTX

We have a port day in Falmouth in July, it will be 4 adults, and are wanting to do a resort day pass. 

So far we are considering the following:

1. Hyatt Zilara

2. Jewel Paradise Cove

3. Jewel Runaway Bay

Has anyone done a day pass at any of these or have any thoughts, likes, dislikes? How is the beach, pool, food?

Thanks for any help!

We did Jewel Runaway Bay last month and loved it! Easy to find our ride and had the same driver there and back who provided nice narration of the sites. The Falmouth port is so much more organized than Ochos Rios. The resort is lovely with an amazing beach and crystal clear water I could have stayed in all day! Lunch was served at open air outside buffet that had too many choices; all good. Only glitch is lunch didn't start until 12:30 so we were starved by then. The facilities were clean, in good repair, the setting beautiful and the staff friendly. 

My only comment is that this is a family resort so crowd level could vary depending on time of year. We were there in early May when most schools are in session so only saw a handful of kids and pretty much had the place to ourselves. There is a water park that most of the families from ship tours congregated at so the beach area was essentially empty. There is an adult pool as well as a busier family one. 

We've never stayed at a land-based AI so didn't know what to expect, but were impressed and happy to have enjoyed this resort and can see the appeal to this type of vacation. Would most definitely visit again. 

15 hours ago, CarrieAP said:

We did Jewel Runaway Bay last month and loved it! Easy to find our ride and had the same driver there and back who provided nice narration of the sites. The Falmouth port is so much more organized than Ochos Rios. The resort is lovely with an amazing beach and crystal clear water I could have stayed in all day! Lunch was served at open air outside buffet that had too many choices; all good. Only glitch is lunch didn't start until 12:30 so we were starved by then. The facilities were clean, in good repair, the setting beautiful and the staff friendly. 

My only comment is that this is a family resort so crowd level could vary depending on time of year. We were there in early May when most schools are in session so only saw a handful of kids and pretty much had the place to ourselves. There is a water park that most of the families from ship tours congregated at so the beach area was essentially empty. There is an adult pool as well as a busier family one. 

We've never stayed at a land-based AI so didn't know what to expect, but were impressed and happy to have enjoyed this resort and can see the appeal to this type of vacation. Would most definitely visit again. 

Thank you for the information!  We have only ported in Montego Bay so Falmouth will be new for us, where did you go to find the bus to the resort?  Glad to hear the beach is good and clear water.  Wondering if there was a jerk chicken shack or cart or place to get meat patties?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 11:38 PM, CarrieAP said:

who did you go through and how much was it?  How far from the port?  We have booked Blue Waters which takes you to the resort, includes your lounger and then trip back from Royal for $29.  Also how far away is Jewel Runaway?  We do not want an excursion that only allows us 3 hours.  We want to be at the beach all day!

17 hours ago, karena1 said:

who did you go through and how much was it?  How far from the port?  We have booked Blue Waters which takes you to the resort, includes your lounger and then trip back from Royal for $29.  Also how far away is Jewel Runaway?  We do not want an excursion that only allows us 3 hours.  We want to be at the beach all day!

CarrieAP - I looked it up and it appears to be about a 40-45 minute drive to get there.  I think we will stick with Blue Waters and see how we like it.  Will be the last time in Falmouth for a long time, right now all the cruises except that one goes to other islands.