4 people in 3 person suite??

dantebob

I'm not sure I really understand what the big deal is if the kids are small - say under 10, which I don't think the OP has stated. But if they are, there really shouldn't be a issue with them sharing the sofa bed. It pulls out into the equivalent of a full sized bed so should provide adequate room for two younger kiddos. 

And the room steward really won't care - we had an issue one cruise where my son got sick and was isolated to the cabin he was sharing next door to us with our daughter. Our room steward actually got a roll away bed brought to our room, which was just designated for two people, so she didn't have to sleep in the same room with him and we all were able to avoid him - poor kid! 

45 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

I'm not sure I really understand what the big deal is if the kids are small - say under 10, which I don't think the OP has stated. But if they are, there really shouldn't be a issue with them sharing the sofa bed. It pulls out into the equivalent of a full sized bed so should provide adequate room for two younger kiddos. 

And the room steward really won't care - we had an issue one cruise where my son got sick and was isolated to the cabin he was sharing next door to us with our daughter. Our room steward actually got a roll away bed brought to our room, which was just designated for two people, so she didn't have to sleep in the same room with him and we all were able to avoid him - poor kid! 

I think the big deal is a lifeboat issue.  We don't know where the cabins are in relation to rach other.  If the sailing is at capacity and these cabins are assigned different safety stations and lifeboats ... the 3-person cabin with 4 pax is problematic for that family and for others

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pms4104 said:

I think the big deal is a lifeboat issue.  We don't know where the cabins are in relation to rach other.  If the sailing is at capacity and these cabins are assigned different safety stations and lifeboats ... the 3-person cabin with 4 pax is problematic for that family and for others

Yes you are correct!  

18 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Actually if the other cabin of the passenger who will be staying in the suite is in a different section other then Stewart’s then Stewart will not get those auto gratuities for the 4th person.

So one steward might be over-tipped and the other steward suffers collateral damage.

• Like 1

In case you are still interested in the SIZE of the sofa bed, here is a pic of my mom who is 5’6” and fairly thin lying on it. It would be ok with small children but not older or larger children or adults. 

F97B57B7-19C1-4F69-ACF1-375391232538.jpeg

• Like 1

Why not keep the two cabins and switch people around when you get to the ship.  That way you will be able to book your flights with no problem.  It may be too late to book the family suites;  they go pretty fast.  I stayed in a family suite and they work great for the kids; they have their own bedroom and bathroom