Show times Pacific Explorer?

Hi,

We usually like to set a time for dinner but was only offered "'Anytime" on our cruise next week.

How do we book each night? Do they have an interactive TV to book, or are we in for long queue's at dinner?

Also wondering what time the nightly shows (the big ones in the theatre) are on?

Do they have an early and late one?

Thanks, (;

I last went on Pacific Explorer last August, this is how they did it then.

You went to the dining room (the Dragon Lady on my cruise) during the day and booked a dining time. You could also book dinner times and which restaurant for the entire cruise if you wanted to. If you wanted to do the paid for afternoon tea or the Love Riot dinner you would book it here as well.

I found when we turned up at the allocated time there was no line and we were seated straight away.

I think you can also turn up without a booking to see if there are any tables available.

The lines for booking tables was quiet long on the first full cruise day and we found there to be no line at all on the following days. Most people seem to book on the first sea day so don't be put off by the line you can always come back and book later.

I thought the best dinner on the cruise was the Love Riot meal which we paid extra for. Other passengers I spoke to enjoyed their dinner at Shell and Bones.

There were two shows each night. The door were open 30 minutes before the show. The show times stayed the same each night so just check the newsheet for times.

I hope this helps.

I always feel a little lost on the first two days on a new cruise line until I work out how things are run.

4 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I last went on Pacific Explorer last August, this is how they did it then.

You went to the dining room (the Dragon Lady on my cruise) during the day and booked a dining time. You could also book dinner times and which restaurant for the entire cruise if you wanted to. If you wanted to do the paid for afternoon tea or the Love Riot dinner you would book it here as well.

I found when we turned up at the allocated time there was no line and we were seated straight away.

I think you can also turn up without a booking to see if there are any tables available.

The lines for booking tables was quiet long on the first full cruise day and we found there to be no line at all on the following days. Most people seem to book on the first sea day so don't be put off by the line you can always come back and book later.

I thought the best dinner on the cruise was the Love Riot meal which we paid extra for. Other passengers I spoke to enjoyed their dinner at Shell and Bones.

There were two shows each night. The door were open 30 minutes before the show. The show times stayed the same each night so just check the newsheet for times.

I hope this helps.

I always feel a little lost on the first two days on a new cruise line until I work out how things are run.

Thanks Sewgood!

Do you remember if the shows were say around 7pm and then 9pm? Thinking we might book for dinner after boarding and was thinking not to book a time to miss both shows.

P.S Did you have any trouble getting a seat in the theatre? on The P.Jewell years ago we needed to arrive at least 30 mins early to secure a seat.

Pretty sure the first one was at 7pm and I didn't go to the second one but 9pm sounds about right.

We arrived about 25 mins before the show and found a seat easily.  The first night we arrived 5 minutes before the show and missed out.

1 hour ago, sewgood said:

Pretty sure the first one was at 7pm and I didn't go to the second one but 9pm sounds about right.

We arrived about 25 mins before the show and found a seat easily.  The first night we arrived 5 minutes before the show and missed out.

Thanks for the tip. Eating at 5.30pm or 7pm should work for seeing the shows then .

I think what Segwood has stated is pretty accurate, as for the shows and the dining. Just off the Explorer but as it was a Big Laugh cruise (Comedy Festival), the shows were all day and as such cannot verify the production show times but 7-7.30 and 9-9.30 sounds about right from previous cruises. We prefer Anytime dining and just book times for Angelo's or Dragon Lady and of course the Love Riot with dinner which is a set time. Other wise we just rock up when we want to eat and if they do not have a table ready (has rarely happened), they will either give you a time or a buzzer.