Will I be disappointed with Fantasy?

SKYYcamel

8 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

When was the last time you cruised on Fantasy?

It's been a long time but it wasn't that great then and Carnival certainly isn't known for things such as preventative maintenance. A close friend just sailed on the Fantasy and sent me pictures of areas that looked worn and in need of repair. He didn't have a great time and will be looking at other options for the future.

11 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

I guess my expectations are higher. I'd avoid this ship.

Not only that, but the entire Class.....and the Spirit Class as well.  Will never set foot again on anything less than 100 K tons. Did it 12 times....that was enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

Not only that, but the entire Class.....and the Spirit Class as well.  Will never set foot again on anything less than 100 K tons. Did it 12 times....that was enough.

Totally agreed! I've been on enough cruises on those Fantasy class ships to know it's time to avoid that class of ship and older ships. It's actually a big reason why I selected Carnival for my Cuba cruise instead of the Empress of the Seas.

Besides being a fan on Fantasy, I absolutely LOVE the Spirit-class ships.  The layout is far superior that what I refer to as Carnival's "floating shoe boxes" and much more like HAL's ships and the only NCL ship I've sailed (Star on an eastbound TA last spring).

Love them so much I booked the final Med sailing and the TA on Legend for fall 2020.

So, some of us simply don't want bigger ships packed with more stuff that we won't use/visit/whatever and more people crammed into them.

Some of also mostly sail in inside cabins and aren't "balcony snobs" 😋.  Since I'm often solo, I get to pay 200% on Carnival.  So, if I sail in an inside at a fraction of the cost of a balcony, I can sail more often.  That is MUCH more important to me than being on a newer, bigger ship in a balcony cabin.

Just sailed MSC's Armonia (65,542 GT) in May (to Cuba!  YAY!).  She's smaller than the Fantasy class and the oldest in MSC's fleet.  I loved her!  I think I liked her more than Divina (139,400 gt), which is a gorgeous ship but just too big for my tastes.

As I said before, it's been my overall feeling (after 30+ sailings since 2001), that the smaller ships have better service and food.  JMO.

• Like 1

I've been on Fantasy, Sensation + Imagination, loved them all. Been on a gang of newer/bigger ships, loved them all. As far as the ride goes being slightly smaller, on the ocean it's kinda like  bein a flea on the back of a brahma bull. The newer ships are more  like bein a fat flea on a braham bull. IMO, the age has little to do with the condition. They're all a little run down before major drydock + they all come out sparkling. I REALLY like all the open air deckspace on the Fantasy class ships that the newer ones lack. They also lack the huge crowds. Make sure you check out the little balconies out the back doors of the lido buffet on both sides as mentioned previously!

20 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

I love Fantasy.  I have about 40 nights on her.  Feels like I'm "home" when I board!  When they moved her out of Charleston and put Ecstasy there, it just wasn't the same, although they're practically identical.

IMHO, the Fantasy-class ships always seem to have good service and good food.  Fantasy just always had a good "vibe" to her.

If you think you can't live without a dinner in the steakhouse or without a big TV by the pool, you'll be disappointed. 

I agree! I feel the service and crew on the smaller ships are so much better. 

Pat

• Like 1