Manage This Booking mystery

Kinkajou

In a discussion on a Roll Call, there was a a question about Overland Programs. I am only able to see that information on the general RSSC site. Another poster is able to access the info under their Manage This Booking site. Even though I have booked an Overland Tour through Regent and my TA is aware of it (the charge went through them and is on the invoice), the only information I have that describes my overland booking, appears on the calendar part of the itinerary. 

My question is who adds the Overland Program information to the Manage This Program part of the site? Does that come from Regent or from the Travel Agent?

Is there a way to access this information on my own? Thanks for any help. 

I think I've done this. My question is, after adding my booking under "Customize Your Voyage, I have a shaded area that is divided into 6 compartments. The top 3 from left to right read: "Roundtrip Airfare", "Shore Excursions", and "Beverages, Dining and Gratuities". In this case, the 4th compartment says "Butler service", and the other 2 compartments are blank. Another poster has a compartment that says "Overland Programs" with the 3 overland trips listed. 

Just wondering why that doesn't show up on my booking. 

I just called Regent, I was told this shows up automatically after you book it (it didn't). But it will not show up as an option until after you book it. And you can't book Overland Programs online. 

Edit to above post—The Compartment is labeled "Hotel/Land Packages".

Edited by Kinkajou
correction to post

@Kinkajou,

I fully understand your confusion.

Like you, we were only able to book an overland tour by telephone, not on-line. ........... and the only place on My Booking where the tour shows up is on the Itinerary.

None of our bookings have a section labelled “Hotel/Land packages” 

Just the vagaries of the Regent website, I guess 🙄

Edited by flossie009

Flossie009, Looking forward to meeting you at the Meet & Greet.

It does get interesting trying to give Overland information to a third party when two posters have two different results from the same site.

• Like 1

I know we shouldn't have to revert to something as archaic as the telephone, but whenever I've had issues doing things on the website, either pre- or post-booking, I've picked up the phone and called Regent directly.  Each time I've had my issues corrected within minutes.

I'm an IT guy who believes that we should be able to do EVERYTHING on the website, but in reality sometimes the phone is still the best and quickest solution.  Sounds like you got everything straightened out.

PS - especially when we're talking on CC, not everyone is hitting the same website.  Flossie would be hitting the UK site and you're probably hitting the US site.  They're similar but different...

16 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

PS - especially when we're talking on CC, not everyone is hitting the same website.  Flossie would be hitting the UK site and you're probably hitting the US site.  They're similar but different...

In this case two cruisers, both from the US (one from Mississippi and one from Las Vegas) are seeing different amounts of detail for the same cruise in the ‘My Booking’ section.

No big deal but an annoying anomaly 

Kinkajou (Mississippi) and I (UK) are both seeing the same (lesser) level of detail 🤨

5 hours ago, flossie009 said:

In this case two cruisers, both from the US (one from Mississippi and one from Las Vegas) are seeing different amounts of detail for the same cruise in the ‘My Booking’ section.

No big deal but an annoying anomaly 

Kinkajou (Mississippi) and I (UK) are both seeing the same (lesser) level of detail 🤨

Just guessing here but it could also possibly a browser issue - that's one of the reasons its so difficult to field complex websites with active components - I've had browser display issues on my system that drove me nuts for days until I could pin down what was causing it.

Still. most of that stuff should show up in testing if that's in fact what the problem is...