Drink Package - Sun

clw1624

First time on NCL with the family. DH and I have the Open Bar package but wondering about a drink package for our daughters. We are not a soda family but want to treat the girls to the occasional smoothie or milkshake. Is it best to buy them ala carte or get them a drink package?

10 minutes ago, FLcruisergrl said:

If you order virgin drinks, they are covered under the open bar, as well as sodas.

Thank you but how does this work when the girls aren't with us? ie if they're in the Splash Academy and Entourage?

3 minutes ago, clw1624 said:

Thank you but how does this work when the girls aren't with us? ie if they're in the Splash Academy and Entourage?

I doubt that they would let them order drinks in the midst of an organized activity. If the kids are wandering about the ship on their own, they are free to order without a parent.

27 minutes ago, clw1624 said:

First time on NCL with the family. DH and I have the Open Bar package but wondering about a drink package for our daughters. We are not a soda family but want to treat the girls to the occasional smoothie or milkshake. Is it best to buy them ala carte or get them a drink package?

On the short cruises, it is an open bar for everyone. No milkshakes, but virgin strawberries, pina, mango are freshing. I suppose you could order a virgin mudslide to be milk-ish. 

1 hour ago, clw1624 said:

The soda package doesn't cover virgin drinks. It would not be cost effective to pay for any other type of package. Your most cost effective way is to go a la carte.

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

On the short cruises, it is an open bar for everyone. No milkshakes, but virgin strawberries, pina, mango are freshing. I suppose you could order a virgin mudslide to be milk-ish. 

Are you sure it's open for the kids as well? I'm on the Sun coming up in August and I thought the open bar only applied to my wife and I? I have two kids coming so I hope I'm wrong and that you're right! 

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Are you sure it's open for the kids as well? I'm on the Sun coming up in August and I thought the open bar only applied to my wife and I? I have two kids coming so I hope I'm wrong and that you're right! 

I’m positive- we just got off the Sun yesterday. You’re confusing the drink package and open bar. The drink package is a perk (or purchase). Open bar applies to every passenger on the ship. My daughter got sodas and virgin drinks. She was the 3rd passenger in our cabin.

2 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

I’m positive- we just got off the Sun yesterday. You’re confusing the drink package and open bar. The drink package is a perk (or purchase). Open bar applies to every passenger on the ship. My daughter got sodas and virgin drinks. She was the 3rd passenger in our cabin.

Great, thanks so much. Slightly different than the UBP we usually have and will work out good with the girls. Off topic a bit, how did you enjoy the ship and cruise? This was a last minute replacement for our cancelled Cuba cruise on another line. Thanks ....

54 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Great, thanks so much. Slightly different than the UBP we usually have and will work out good with the girls. Off topic a bit, how did you enjoy the ship and cruise? This was a last minute replacement for our cancelled Cuba cruise on another line. Thanks ....

Yes, it’s a bit different than the UBP, especially for the kids. We really enjoyed it! Our experience was probably a little different than the mainstream experience because we were in the owners suite, but I’d definitely cruise on the Sun again. It’s a really cute little shop and I found all of the staff to be very pleasant. The food in the specialty restaurants was great! I was worried that it would be a booze cruise, but everyone seemed well behaved and I didn’t see anyone getting sloppy.

1 hour ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Yes, it’s a bit different than the UBP, especially for the kids. We really enjoyed it! Our experience was probably a little different than the mainstream experience because we were in the owners suite, but I’d definitely cruise on the Sun again. It’s a really cute little shop and I found all of the staff to be very pleasant. The food in the specialty restaurants was great! I was worried that it would be a booze cruise, but everyone seemed well behaved and I didn’t see anyone getting sloppy.

Great, thanks for the feedback!