Returning to Carnival on the Miracle

Does anyone have any information on the Interior FRENCH DOOR rooms? We are sailing on the Miracle in 3 weeks. It seems it has an obstructed view but can you actually open these doors- it is intriguing me since it is considered and inside cabin. thanks for any information

3 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

What  notice were you expecting?

Poster(s) above said they were notified that their handicap rooms may change in the near future.

1 hour ago, boog55 said:

Does anyone have any information on the Interior FRENCH DOOR rooms? We are sailing on the Miracle in 3 weeks. It seems it has an obstructed view but can you actually open these doors- it is intriguing me since it is considered and inside cabin. thanks for any information

Until the update in Feb, these cabins have doors that open facing the sides of lifeboats, or if lucky, between lifeboats. There are bars across the opening to discourage stepping out. Carnival has been changing these to full-height windows incapable of being opened as each of the Spirit class go through dry-dock.

17 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

I am curious....which cabin number was that? The one we are booked in now is considered an Ambulatory Accessible , but because of the wider doors, it will work for our fully handicap needs.  Strangely they are supposedly making the doors narrower for these type cabins. Seems like a lot of trouble to make a cabin less useful.😕

I think it was 7260 or 7303 but she also noted that on all decks in those approximate locations, those cabins with the larger balconies on both port and starboard were all accessible cabins.  She knew nothing, though ... after researching certain topics about Carnival, the answers she gave me were completely wrong ...so don't know if that was accurate info about the cabin types, either.  

Plus, I called a travel agency and the same cabin and rate was $1500 less ... I cannot look it up on the Carnival site as that cabin type wasn't available for booking.  I can see a couple hundred less ... so just don't know what the heck she was looking at.  Lesson learned!!  Never book directly through Carnival!!  

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I think it was 7260 or 7303 but she also noted that on all decks in those approximate locations, those cabins with the larger balconies on both port and starboard were all accessible cabins.  She knew nothing, though ... after researching certain topics about Carnival, the answers she gave me were completely wrong ...so don't know if that was accurate info about the cabin types, either.  

Plus, I called a travel agency and the same cabin and rate was $1500 less ... I cannot look it up on the Carnival site as that cabin type wasn't available for booking.  I can see a couple hundred less ... so just don't know what the heck she was looking at.  Lesson learned!!  Never book directly through Carnival!!  

Hey I stumbled on a way to get a handicap balcony cabin cheaper. Try booking a handicap outside.....because they are sold out you will automatically be upgraded to a handicap balcony cabin for the same price.  At least that worked for my November 28th 2020 cruise on the Miracle. There are 2 balcony cabins left if you are interested .

14 minutes ago, Tinknock50 said:

Hey I stumbled on a way to get a handicap balcony cabin cheaper. Try booking a handicap outside.....because they are sold out you will automatically be upgraded to a handicap balcony cabin for the same price.  At least that worked for my November 28th 2020 cruise on the Miracle. There are 2 balcony cabins left if you are interested .

No ... I am not disabled so don't want to take an accessible room away from anyone that needs it.  I was just commenting that when I booked that cabin on the Miracle, the agent down at Carnival was the one that suggested and booked me into that cabin.  When I called to change the date of my sailing on that same ship, another agent wouldn't allow it because she said it was an accessible cabin.  No matter ... I just moved to a non-accessible cabin, albeit, at a higher price.  

Plus, my sailing is not in November.  

Edited by Cruise Raider

5 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

No ... I am not disabled so don't want to take an accessible room away from anyone that needs it.  I was just commenting that when I booked that cabin on the Miracle, the agent down at Carnival was the one that suggested and booked me into that cabin.  When I called to change the date of my sailing on that same ship, another agent wouldn't allow it because she said it was an accessible cabin.  No matter ... I just moved to a non-accessible cabin, albeit, at a higher price.  

Plus, my sailing is not in November.  

Ok.....I thought you needed that type of cabin. 

Anyway, we do, and I was overjoyed when I was allowed to redo my booking and save $880.

We sailed the Miracle a year and a half ago and will be on the Panama Canal journeys cruise on 3/2/2020. Can’t wait for the 2.0 upgrades. I love Guys burgers and my wife loves The Blue Iguana burrito bar for breakfast/lunch.Very unusual ship decor.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Very nice!!!  

Yeah.......thought it was pretty sweet to cruise for 15 days for $1800 per person in a balcony cabin.

We also have a promise from Access that we will be contacted when fully designed handicapped cabins are in place and be moved to one of those.

Edited by Tinknock50
  • Like 1