Norwegian escape vibe

Lanic24

3 minutes ago, Lanic24 said:

With the rise in price, is the vibe still selling out on the escape?

what time to get to the NYC pier?

what is offered at the vibe? 

Thanks in advance!

It was sold out last week

On the Escape it has sun loungers, big sofa type things, one hot tub and a bar. 

Beyond that - the obvious benefits that you probably are already aware of - I.e exclusitivity (there are far more chairs than there are people), adults only. 

I also found that as there were only only a few people in there (or at least this was the case when I went a couple of years ago) that the bar staff would bring you drinks when you finished the previous one. So you didn’t need to get off your chair. 

We got there at 8am and that did the trick. I think we were number 56 in the line. 

To us it is well worth the price, even with the increase.  No crowds, a bartender that pays close personal attention to each person, and better loungers...I will do it every time if I can.  I always choose the earliest embarkation time possible in order to get in line to buy this amenity.

$209 or $219 per person (definitely one or the other just can't remember which)   sold out last week but spoke with someone who had a #7 boarding pass and he was able to get 4 passes   It  was pretty full most of the week

22 hours ago, rlong405 said:

On the Escape it has sun loungers, big sofa type things, one hot tub and a bar. 

Beyond that - the obvious benefits that you probably are already aware of - I.e exclusitivity (there are far more chairs than there are people), adults only. 

I also found that as there were only only a few people in there (or at least this was the case when I went a couple of years ago) that the bar staff would bring you drinks when you finished the previous one. So you didn’t need to get off your chair. 

We got there at 8am and that did the trick. I think we were number 56 in the line. 

Thanks for the info.. 

I read that the security doesn’t open until 9:30 and parking starts at 8:30 at the Manhattan terminal.

Were you able to get in earlier? 

10 minutes ago, Lanic24 said:

Thanks for the info.. 

I read that the security doesn’t open until 9:30 and parking starts at 8:30 at the Manhattan terminal.

It also depends on when your group is called to board.  If you're there early, and get "Group 1", that's best.  But, understand that "special needs", Haven, Platinum Latitudes (including "Plus" and Ambassador) will board before you.

Good luck. 

I tried it once.  Thought the price paid was exorbitant based on the value received.  I found other outside bars, and Spice H20 to be as inviting.

10 minutes ago, Lanic24 said:

Thanks for the info.. 

Not too sure as we sailed from Miami however the doors opened at about 08:30 so by the time we walked over to the building, found a porter to take our luggage etc. It was probably around 0815-08:20. We lined up outside the building. 

Then when we got into the building, there were chairs to sit down on which also kept the line in order for when security opened at 09:30. 

Doing all this got us boarding group 1 card. 

Then its the small matter of working out which door out of the holding area he ship boards from and running to headliners for the tickets. 

It sold out about 5 minutes after we go there so yes this was all necessary 🙂

4 minutes ago, rlong405 said:

Not too sure as we sailed from Miami however the doors opened at about 08:30 so by the time we walked over to the building, found a porter to take our luggage etc. It was probably around 0815-08:20. We lined up outside the building. 

Then when we got into the building, there were chairs to sit down on which also kept the line in order for when security opened at 09:30. 

Doing all this got us boarding group 1 card. 

Then its the small matter of working out which door out of the holding area he ship boards from and running to headliners for the tickets. 

It sold out about 5 minutes after we go there so yes this was all necessary 🙂

Thank you! 

32 minutes ago, Lanic24 said:

Thanks for the info.. 

June  9th security didn't get started until 10:00, lots of people in the terminal entrance. It didn't help a couple was being married onboard and had a wedding party of 300 people there also Lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 1:00 PM, Lanic24 said:

With the rise in price, is the vibe still selling out on the escape?

what time to get to the NYC pier?

what is offered at the vibe? 

Thanks in advance!

We haven’t been on the Escape, but we absolutely loved it on the Getaway. I will certainly try again when we are on the Breakaway next summer.  That does seem to be a hefty price increase, but if people keep running for them they may raise it again. Good ole supply and demand!  

• Like 1

They just doubled the size of VIBE on the Getaway.  Will be interesting to see how much demand there is.

Whenever I have been on VIBE on the Escape or Getaway it has never been crowded.  Seems like people buy the passes but never go.

1 hour ago, hawkman402 said:

They just doubled the size of VIBE on the Getaway.  Will be interesting to see how much demand there is.

Whenever I have been on VIBE on the Escape or Getaway it has never been crowded.  Seems like people buy the passes but never go.

We went every day. Seemed like the same small group was there all the time. 

• Like 1