Cabins above theater

dcruisers

We are booked in cabin E205 above theater on Regal Princess.  . We normally book cabins in between “cabin only decks” but none available for our choice of cabin.

How noisy was it early morning and night?  I understand during showtimes it will be noisy- but we are late nighters and that won’t affect us.

TIA

My mom and niece stayed in a cabin over the theater on the Royal in January, and they said it was fine as long as they were already asleep before the late show.  The noise wasn't bad but the boom boom vibration was very noticeable.  Said while it wasn't bad, they wouldn't choose to stay there again.  

1 hour ago, dcruisers said:

We are booked in cabin E205 above theater on Regal Princess.  . We normally book cabins in between “cabin only decks” but none available for our choice of cabin.

How noisy was it early morning and night?  I understand during showtimes it will be noisy- but we are late nighters and that won’t affect us.

TIA

Not too noisy.  The only thing you will feel is vibration, or hear are show rehearsals, where the mechanical stage platforms are moved up and down.  A clanking rattling noise,  that sounds like when the ship lowers and raises anchor.  And of course, the orchestra practicing.

Also some noise when scheduled events are being held in the theater. 

Do you sleep in your cabin during normal daylight hours?  

And bring ear plugs if  noise bothers you.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I'm in P234 on the Grand Princess which looks like its below doors of the theater .... is that relatively ok? I'm not in my room during the day. It's the 1st OF on a ship I never thought would sell out!

11 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

A clanking rattling noise,  that sounds like when the ship lowers and raises anchor.

Bwahahahahahaaaa... Have you ever actually stayed in a cabin where the anchor noise happens? We booked a last minute 7 day coastal that happened to fit on the front end of a 19 day cruise we had previously booked. We had C106 on Ruby. That's an interior all the way forward (as far as you could get) on Caribe. We woke up on the morning they anchored in Monterey to the sound of a huge freight train coming right through the cabin. Once we figured out it was the anchor we laughed and went back to sleep. It didn't hurt our enjoyment of the cruise at all but it was INCREDIBLY LOUD!!! We found it interesting and something different. Some others would surely say it "ruined" their cruise. I certainly can't imagine any sound from the theater that could possibly compete with that noise. :classic_laugh: