Docking in Eidfjord, Norway

Master0396

Hi CruiseCritic Community.

I am traveling on the Nieuw Statendam on June 30 and one of our stops is Eidfjord. I was wondering if anyone has been on the Norwegian Fjord itineraries that include this stop. In your experience, does the ship dock on time or early? I have a third party excursion booked and it starts at 10 AM and the ship docks at 10AM and was told that they will not wait for us. Please let me know. Thank you!

We were on the July Koningsdam cruise which visited Eidfjord.   Once docked, everyone wanted to get off around the same time, so I would figure in a bottleneck at the gangway-to get off.

I believe our time in port was from 8 AM,  and we were one of the first off,  Lineups forming at the tourist office, etc. 

Possibly get in touch with the tour operator and explain your docking time, modify your start time if possible.

We were in Eidfjord about 12 days ago on Nieuw Statendam.  We arrived on time and there was a crowd waiting to get off.  On the Norwegian Fjords cruise, we were on time or a few minutes late at every port.  Enjoy Eidfjord. 

we booked a taxi/driver through the tourist office- 2 separate trips.  One went up to a Kjasen mountain farm - up through tunnels and very secluded.   Beautiful scenery and we could see our ship docked within the fjord.  We then went to the waterfall (different direction).

We were the only ones up by the mountain farm, the waterfall area was very crowded.

11E8FD55-2166-4630-9AFE-092D741B9DA0.jpeg

Edited by CJcruzer

Beautiful photograph, Carol.

Our VOV on ms Rotterdam tendered, because there was a Viking ship at the dock.

Once ashore, we took the Troll Trolly around the area, because I wanted to see the Viking gravesites.  We also saw the lovely old church.

Beautiful area.  Lots to see walking, especially the art gallery.  I also enjoyed wandering through the big grocery store.

Barbara

Was just on this ship and LOVED this port! Just beautiful!!!

While there is a chance you might make it, it would be far too big of a risk and you don’t want to miss this port.  There sometimes were lines waiting to get off (and sometimes not).  Elevators can get crowded, exit lines can be slow, you never know.  If you know they will not wait, I would not risk it. 

Have a GREAT time!