ez air - what economy class am I booking?

ghstudio

3 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I just booked AA flights from BUF-FLL one-way on Princess site using EZ Air and when I went into AA website and entered my confirmation info, it came back and said I should contact AA or my TA to book/ticket the flight.  There was no offering to select seats.  This is what my past experience was with Air Canada years ago when I last used EZ Air. 

Are you saying you can select seats right away or have to wait until ticketed?  (I know we can ask Princess EZ Air to go ahead and ticket the flight but of course that removes the options to 45 days of cancelling, changing, etc for free.

Also, I did a mock booking for the same flight on AA website and for Main Cabin Economy, seat selection is $20 per segment or $29 for the extra seats.  EZ Air indicates contact airline for seats - except for some middle seats or seats towards the back.  Perhaps you meant selecting on the EZ Air site.  I want to at least pay to be close up front just in case Flight #1 runs late and we need to hustle to make connection.  

Thanks for any insight on doing this with domestic USA flights. 

PS - I have no AA status.  Just  a convenient itinerary at a good price.

I recently booked an AA Economy ticket (YVR/LAX) using Flexible EZair 329 days before the flight & was able to immediately make seat reservations through EZair.  Checking the AA website it shows my flight & both seat reservations with a status of "Ticket Pending".

I'm many months away from being ticketed but when booking my Flexible EZair flight through my Cruise Personalizer it allowed me to make seat assignments for our Economy booking.

Things can change but AA has never charged me a fee for Economy flights including our flight from Vancouver next year & to Rome in the Fall.

I'm only an AAdvantage member without any type of upper level status...hopefully you can find a way to get your seat assignments.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I recently booked an AA Economy ticket (YVR/LAX) using Flexible EZair 329 days before the flight & was able to immediately make seat reservations through EZair.  Checking the AA website it shows my flight & both seat reservations with a status of "Ticket Pending".

I'm many months away from being ticketed but when booking my Flexible EZair flight through my Cruise Personalizer it allowed me to make seat assignments for our Economy booking.

Things can change but AA has never charged me a fee for Economy flights including our flight from Vancouver next year & to Rome in the Fall.

I'm only an AAdvantage member without any type of upper level status...hopefully you can find a way to get your seat assignments.

I was reading into the words in posts about AA on this thread that seats were open to select on the airline website.  Wrong I gather.  I was able to select seats through EZ Air on Princess' website for no charge - but those are also the ones AA offers at no charge on their website.  

AA website indicates we are not ticketed as I know.  I guess it makes sense that one cannot select and pay for a premium cost seat until the booking is actually ticketed.  I did finally get through to AA by having them call me back (auto option) and it would appear that the premium prices are no different for an EZ Air booking than if made directly with AA.  In our case, the flight is about $63.50/pp cheaper via EZ Air as opposed to booking Main Cabin Economy directly with AA.  Have to book MCE in order to pre-select any sort of seat. 

Thanks for clarifying info.  I have actually found this thread to be helpful when reading all posts.

Edited by steelers36

4 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I was reading into the words in posts about AA on this thread that seats were open to select on the airline website.  Wrong I gather.  I was able to select seats through EZ Air on Princess' website for no charge - but those are also the ones AA offers at no charge on their website.  

AA website indicates we are not ticketed as I know.  I guess it makes sense that one cannot select and pay for a premium cost seat until the booking is actually ticketed.  I did finally get through to AA by having them call me back (auto option) and it would appear that the premium prices are no different for an EZ Air booking than if made directly with AA.  In our case, the flight is about $63.50/pp cheaper via EZ Air as opposed to booking Main Cabin Economy directly with AA.  Have to book MCE in order to pre-select any sort of seat. 

Thanks for clarifying info.  I have actually found this thread to be helpful when reading all posts.

Glad that you've received further clarification about your situation.

On KLM they charge for all Economy seat reservations before check-in but even long before ticketing an EZair reservation they allowed me to make a seat assignment.  We booked standard seat assignments but also had the option to purchase a more desirable seat location & even their extra room Economy seats.  Airline policies vary & can change...it's challenging to know exactly what to expect.