I will NEVER buy FTTF Again!!!

ShakyBeef

Yay!  We also were given platinum in the first leg of a B2B though the second leg was our tenth cruise. It would seems their computer systems must be programmed to do this. 

We we now have 17 under our belt. For all those who have suggested abolishing the loyalty program, I would note that I. At least our case the perks give a big nudge towards picking Carnival when we book. 

On 6/22/2019 at 5:52 PM, ShakyBeef said:

FTTF finally became available for the first leg of my January 2020 Elation BTB out of Port Canaveral, about 200 days out from sailing.  I booked the cruise(s) 400-and-some days out and have been checking for FTTF several times a day, every day, for 200-and-some-odd days, now.  I was starting to worry it wouldn't be made available for my sailing.  Then, the third time checking that day, it suddenly was there in the Shore Excursions.  I grabbed it.  It's still not available for the second leg of the BTB, but that's OK, because for that leg, and forever after (hopefully), DH and I will be Platinum.:classic_biggrin:  So, I have just bought my last FTTF.  Not what you expected when you saw the thread title, huh?  Sorry to disappoint. 

But here's something I've been wondering: with the rumours floating around about possible changes to the VIFP program due to the inordinate number of Plats and Diamonds, might those of us about to become Platinum, or having just turned Platinum be bumped back to Gold, just as some Golds were bumped down to Red (my daughters among them) in the last VIFP shake-up, when the Red level was introduced? 

It would suck to have this BTB booked for so long, have my cruise docs showing us as Platinum for the second leg (thus knowing I don't need FTTF for that leg), and then having our Platinum status yanked.

Why do you need it for second leg of you b2b since you are a continuing cruiser?

3 minutes ago, ggtjr said:

Why do you need it for second leg of you b2b since you are a continuing cruiser?

I don't.  I'm Platinum then.  But if I weren't Platinum for the second leg (if Carnival changes their VIFP program before then and bumps me back down to Gold), I'd lose my access the VIP GS line.  That one benefit alone isn't worth paying the FTTF price for, but I'd miss it if I didn't have it.