Airfare to San juan

mommao729

I have been looking at airfare for our cruise in San Juan March 29, 2020. We are leaving from Myrtle beach S.C.  I’m getting prices around $1200. For 2 people. 

Has as anyone found any good rates? Can leave from Florida. 

Thank you!

I am finding good deals on American out of St.Louis.  Cheaper than our flights last year for the same time frame (Feb-March). Around $800 - $900 round trip for two.  But, I am hesitant to pull the trigger.  These fares are non-refundable, and of course you have baggage fees.  I am willing to gamble and wait for Southwest to release their fares the beginning of July.  Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

16 minutes ago, NCbmwmom said:

There’s an app that will track flights and tell you the best time to book. Called Hopper in the App Store. Ours ended up approx 350 RT from Atlanta on July 6th. 

Yes, using different apps is how I get my low fare alerts.  I also use the Matrix-ITA ap.  Of course, Southwest does not participate.

I used Expedia I paid yo leave Tampa Saturday July 6th 2 adults and one child and return July 14th booking a not soo good airline was $999 for us . 

It depends I don’t really too much care for food inn the plane and stuff I just like booking cheap flights since my 4 year old isn’t free anymore haha.

On 6/23/2019 at 7:27 AM, mommao729 said:

I have been looking at airfare for our cruise in San Juan March 29, 2020. We are leaving from Myrtle beach S.C.  I’m getting prices around $1200. For 2 people. 

Has as anyone found any good rates? Can leave from Florida. 

Thank you!

Frankly, you're flying between two relatively obscure cities in the scheme of things (Myrtle Beach and San Juan are not New York, LA, Chicago, or Dallas) during pretty much the highest demand time of the year to go to the Caribbean. Just because it's not a low rate doesn't mean it's not a good rate...that rate may be as good as it gets.

If you can fly out of Charlotte it might be worth checking there.  Our American flight from Minneapolis to San Juan connects in Charlotte and was $145 one way for Feb 2020.  

On 6/30/2019 at 8:08 PM, sft429 said:

If you can fly out of Charlotte it might be worth checking there.  Our American flight from Minneapolis to San Juan connects in Charlotte and was $145 one way for Feb 2020.  

Unfortunately that's not quite how airline pricing works. For one, February 2020 and March 2020 are VERY different pricing schemes due to spring break and the (massively) increased demand. Second, the fact that you're connecting in CLT is inconsequential - MSP-SJU is going to be priced differently than CLT-SJU, even if MSP-SJU stops in CLT and get on the same CLT-SJU flight. Tickets are priced from origin to destination, and different city pairs will have different prices for a multitude of reasons.

The nearest airport to us is TriCities Regional in Blountville, Tennessee.  Flights from there are typically ridiculous (unless you are flying Allegiant's trips to Orlando or Vegas) so we always check prices out of Atlanta (4hrs), Knoxville (2hrs) and Charlotte (4hrs).  Atlanta is usually much less expensive, even adding in parking fees.  We are cruising out of San Juan November 2020 and plan to fly out of Atlanta for that trip unless there is a miracle and TRI happens to have a better fare.  Just a suggestion to shop around.  

I just finished booking our flights this morning. May 2020 Freedom of the seas.  I used google flights to monitor prices since they were available and booked each way separately.  Actually booked the return segment first.  We have to stay one night post-cruise but it saved almost $900 for our family of 4.  That more than covers a hotel and meals and some extra sightseeing.  Flying into SJU on Saturday afternoon pre-cruise. Worked out to $440 round trip(LIT-SJU) per person. I checked Sunday return flights from now until next May and Monday flights are always significantly cheaper. When the prices I was looking for popped up, I booked immediately.  And they immediately went back up after I booked 4 tickets, so it seems like they sell a few tickets, then jack the price up.  And if the flights aren't selling well, then they run a quick sale.  Probably similar to cruise pricing.