Complimentary beverages - Escape

VicRock

We don't drink alcohol & limit soda so we will stick with the  complimentary beverages on our cruise.  On our previous cruise (different line), availability of milk & juice were scarce after breakfast.  Does anyone know if they are available all day on Escape?  We will carry flavor enhancers for water but my 7 year old is a big milk drinker & will want juice on occasion.  Also, is iced tea part of the complimentary beverages?  

Thanks

Juice is swapped out of the machines after breakfast and replaced with no calorie sweetened flavored water (strawberry kiwi and mango peach I believe).  They also have unsweetened iced tea and I think maybe lemonade.  Milk is available all day at the coffee stations.  You can also grab some cartons of regular, low fat or chocolate milk at breakfast and keep them in your fridge.

• Like 2

If you’re from the south, be aware that the iced tea is “fake”/not brewed. But there are tea bags and hot water available all day long, so you can make some iced tea on the fly. (Brew some black tea, pour it over a lot of a ice.) 

I usually snag a carton of milk in the buffet each morning and store it on ice in case I need it for cookies later. Something about the milk out of a machine weirds me out.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gizfish said:

Juice is swapped out of the machines after breakfast and replaced with no calorie sweetened flavored water (strawberry kiwi and mango peach I believe).  They also have unsweetened iced tea and I think maybe lemonade.  Milk is available all day at the coffee stations.  You can also grab some cartons of regular, low fat or chocolate milk at breakfast and keep them in your fridge.

That sounds like a good idea.  He particularly likes milk at night.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, perditax said:

If you’re from the south, be aware that the iced tea is “fake”/not brewed. But there are tea bags and hot water available all day long, so you can make some iced tea on the fly. (Brew some black tea, pour it over a lot of a ice.) 

I usually snag a carton of milk in the buffet each morning and store it on ice in case I need it for cookies later. Something about the milk out of a machine weirds me out.

Yes, I remember from my other cruise.  I much prefer brewed tea but I can deal for five days.   I'll probably bring a flavor enhancer to make up for the taste a bit.  He doesn't mind machine milk but definitely prefers the cartons. I'll be sure to snag some of those for him.

Does anyone know if they bring cartons or glasses of milk or even OJ, for room service?  Or should I bring a little jug to fill for OJ at breakfast.  LOL.  I'm half joking about that but since they won't allow me to bring my own beverages aboard, I'm tempted.

30 minutes ago, VicRock said:

Does anyone know if they bring cartons or glasses of milk or even OJ, for room service?  

Small milk carton with a straw and small glass of OJ for complimentary room service breakfast.

Edited by herdingdogmom

21 minutes ago, herdingdogmom said:

Small milk carton with a straw and small glass of OJ for complimentary room service breakfast.

Looks like I may just order extra & put my OJ in my pitcher there . LOL.  At home I make him drink more water but It's vacation.

Cartons of milk are available in the buffet. Same for apple juice and other juices. It will be switched after breakfast. Iced tea/flavored juices are available as well as coffee/hot chocolate/hot water. I usually use lemons and hot water. I do not remember seeing milk after breakfast so be sure to grab some & put it in the fridge later. On the first day, tell the cabin steward to empty of all drinks. Yes, there are comp. room service, it is only for specific items and you would need to fill out the form. Some people used room service to get their first cup of coffee as well as some goodies.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, poohdreaming said:

Cartons of milk are available in the buffet. Same for apple juice and other juices. It will be switched after breakfast. Iced tea/flavored juices are available as well as coffee/hot chocolate/hot water. I usually use lemons and hot water. I do not remember seeing milk after breakfast so be sure to grab some & put it in the fridge later. On the first day, tell the cabin steward to empty of all drinks. Yes, there are comp. room service, it is only for specific items and you would need to fill out the form. Some people used room service to get their first cup of coffee as well as some goodies.

I don't mind the service charge if I can ensure milk/OJ for the week.   I'll order extra one day for the week if it's not part of the comp. Breakfast.   

Yes to emptying the fridge.   I'd do that regardless or my kiddo would just grab not thinking we'd have to pay extra for them.   I can here his indignation now... "why are they here if I can't have them?! "  & "we have to pay extra for them? " 

Milk and OJ are part of the complimentary breakfast room service.  We have also received cereal and fruit as well as coffee.

Ask your room steward for additional door knob order forms if there aren’t enough in the room.

We usually give a cash tip for the delivery.